What compares to Vista

Carnivals new ship Vista has waterslides and a coaster of sorts. What does RC have to compete with that. We are looking at doing a family cruise, ages 6 - 70, my sister is pushing for the Vista and I would like to try an RC cruise. My parents are RC cruisers and comment that they don't really care what cruise line just as long as we are together for supper. So give me some good comments/arguments why we should do RC over Carnival Vista. 6 kids under the age of 12, 1 teenager and 9 adults.

I need what ship you suggest and why. Thank you

Royal's newest ship Harmony will have water slides, surf simulator, dry slide.

Liberty alreadt has the surf simulator and is having water slides installed right now in dry dock.

Anthem is another ship with carnival type rides.

Edited by clarea

I'd saythe newest ship, Harmony of the Seas will easily trump Vista. As Bob (clarea) mentioned, it'll have waterslides, a kid-friendly waterpark, and a 10-story dry slide (the Ultimate Abyss). It'll also have the standard features for the Oasis class including two rock walls, two Flowrider surf simulators, an ice rink, minigolf, a zipline, and a carousel. In addition to stuff for the kids there's great shows including a full Broadway production of Grease, an ice show, an aquatics show featuring diving and synchronized swimming, as well as the traditional cruise production shows. You'll also have great shopping onboard. While the full lineup hasn't been announced, based on what Oasis and Allure have, there'll likely be Coach, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors stores onboard.

What interests your family? I am also trying to decide between Carnival Vista, Allure and NCL Escape.

It's me and hubby only. So our interests are lounging in the sun, drinks and enjoying dinner in a specialty restaurant. We do like the Waterslides also. We tend to relax in our cabin after dinner. We do like comedy shows. We could care less about rock climbing walls, surfing, etc.

The Vista is higher in price than the other 2. $2800 for 2, balcony on lido deck. Dec 2016,

8 day cruise.:eek:

Hubby saw a tv show featuring the Allure, and wants me to book it. We'll see.

I would show the family Youtube videos, get their reactions, see what excites them and go from there.

Good luck

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

What interests your family? I am also trying to decide between Carnival Vista, Allure and NCL Escape.

It's me and hubby only. So our interests are lounging in the sun, drinks and enjoying dinner in a specialty restaurant. We do like the Waterslides also. We tend to relax in our cabin after dinner. We do like comedy shows. We could care less about rock climbing walls, surfing, etc.

The Vista is higher in price than the other 2. $2800 for 2, balcony on lido deck. Dec 2016,

8 day cruise.:eek:

Hubby saw a tv show featuring the Allure, and wants me to book it. We'll see.

I would show the family Youtube videos, get their reactions, see what excites them and go from there.

Good luck

Did Allure a couple of years back, wasn't overly impressed. Went back to Freedom class and prefer that level with a lower cost.

Booked on Escape in March and Vista in July, can give comments on each one once we try them :)

To OP: Right now I don't think Vista compares directly to any RC offering ... the Freedom and existing Oasis ships don't have the waterslides/ropes course offering that seem to have caught your eye, but are probably bigger/more flexible options than Vista in many ways. Price would be interesting, based on the bookings I have I found Vista to be competitive to Freedom, cheaper than Oasis and should definitely be cheaper than Harmony with the "new" ship premium on top of the "oasis" premium.

Did Allure a couple of years back, wasn't overly impressed. Went back to Freedom class and prefer that level with a lower cost.

Booked on Escape in March and Vista in July, can give comments on each one once we try them :)

To OP: Right now I don't think Vista compares directly to any RC offering ... the Freedom and existing Oasis ships don't have the waterslides/ropes course offering that seem to have caught your eye, but are probably bigger/more flexible options than Vista in many ways. Price would be interesting, based on the bookings I have I found Vista to be competitive to Freedom, cheaper than Oasis and should definitely be cheaper than Harmony with the "new" ship premium on top of the "oasis" premium.

Vista's prices are definitely competitive. I know she comes out later this Spring, but I was looking for Fall of 2017 and you can get a 6 night starting at $399 and an 8-night Southern going to Aruba starting at $649.

I can't see Harmony offering those prices for a while. Plus the itineraries on Harmony are so blah.