Cruising On The Super Bowl Sunday

BallFour4

Elegant night will be on the second night (first sea day) of our cruise. they never have it on the first night, since a lot of people dont have their luggage yet.

Our first sea day IS Super Bowl night. We embark on Saturday. That's why I asked if Elegant Night would probably be changed. A shame to serve lobster and prime rib to a 1/2 empty dining room.

Our first sea day IS Super Bowl night. We embark on Saturday. That's why I asked if Elegant Night would probably be changed. A shame to serve lobster and prime rib to a 1/2 empty dining room.

Paddy your on the Splendor Feb 7-14 right

We embark on Sunday not Saturday

2/7/2016 Miami, FL ---- Superbowl Sunday

2/8/2016 Fun Day At Sea Elegant night

2/9/2016 Cozumel, Mexico

2/10/2016 Belize

2/11/2016 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

2/12/2016 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

2/13/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/14/2016 Miami, FL

Edited by hockeyluver

You better hope you are not leaving port when the Super Bowl is on. A couple of weekends ago both on Saturday and Sunday the satellite went out at the end of Kansas City vs patriots and then with two minutes to go with Panthers vs Seattle - we were leaving port both days - the bar staff told us it happens overtime they leave port. Luckily we got a play by play by someone watching on their cell phone.

Paddy your on the Splendor Feb 7-14 right

We embark on Sunday not Saturday

2/7/2016 Miami, FL ---- Superbowl Sunday

2/8/2016 Fun Day At Sea Elegant night

2/9/2016 Cozumel, Mexico

2/10/2016 Belize

2/11/2016 Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

2/12/2016 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

2/13/2016 Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

2/14/2016 Miami, FL

You are SO RIGHT! I have my next cruise leaving in March on a Saturday and for some reason I keep reversing these. So no worries about a change of day for Elegant Night and since I don't watch the Superbowl anyway I will just stroll around and enjoy the snacks. I think the game starts at 7 doesn't it? However, I'm very lucky this is the one time I am not in charge of getting to the plane on the right day, at the right time, or onto the ship on the right day, at a decent time since for this cruise I was invited to go along with another couple and a good friend.

You are SO RIGHT! I have my next cruise leaving in March on a Saturday and for some reason I keep reversing these. So no worries about a change of day for Elegant Night and since I don't watch the Superbowl anyway I will just stroll around and enjoy the snacks. I think the game starts at 7 doesn't it? However, I'm very lucky this is the one time I am not in charge of getting to the plane on the right day, at the right time, or onto the ship on the right day, at a decent time since for this cruise I was invited to go along with another couple and a good friend.

LOL lucky for you this is a good thing!!! :p at least you would have shown up a day early instead of a day late !! :eek:

• 5 months later...
I was on the Dream for it last year. Recommend going directly from muster to Lido to snag a good seat if you plan to watch it on the big screen.

Sounds like good advice. Can you tell me if it was cold on the Lido deck?