Legend vs Explorer South Pacific Cruise - which would you choose?

tazaria

So my sister and I have booked Legend of the Seas for 3rd April, 8 night South Pacific Cruise visiting Nouméa, Vila and Mystery Island. We have paid in full, and it's just past the 70 day Mark. (Like yesterday!) We booked on bogoho and also got $300 OBC. Have just got an email from RCCL about a 5 day sale, where we can do 9 nights ex Sydney, via Nouméa, Isle of Pines and Mystery Island. For same cabin type (balcony gty), it will cost $20 more once you factor in the 25% "cancellation fee" if we switch, but we'll also lose the OBC.

So my question is, if you had a choice, would you sacrifice the OBC and shell out the extra $20 and switch to Explorer, or would you stay with Legend?

Though I really like Explorer, and would normally go for the extra day, I'd probably stick with the smaller ship and less money, as we are enjoying the smaller ships much more these days.

So your costs so far are $320 - what about airfare? Legend is ex Brisbane and Explorer is ex Sydney

I love Voyager class but probably wouldn't switch If there is any additional costs in getting or changing flights

I got off Legend yesterday... WOW! Awesome, awesome, awesome ship. Amazing staff & so much to do considering it was such a small ship. Food was also brilliant.

We're doing Voyager in March having only done smaller ships, so I can't compare, (only to Radiance) but we loved it!

We've decided to stick with Legend... I've cruised on Mariner before, and I loved the Voyager class, but we're thinking to might be nice to try a smaller ship and see what all the hype is about :) (The only other ship we've cruised is Pacific Jewel - well, PJ is the only one my sister has cruised, this will be her first experience of RCCL as I cruise Mariner with DH and the kids.)

Also, looking to book Radiance in October with DH + kids for the 7 day Tasmania & Australia cruise ex Sydney in a JS - anyone know how many kids are likely to be in the kids club for a cruise like that? When we sailed Mariner it was a 3 night ex Singapore and there were like 17 aussies onboard and about 6 kids as most pax were Chinese gamblers. Kids preferred our experience on Pacific Jewel (3 night ex Fremantle) as there were more kids in the kids club! They're desperate to go on a longer cruise, but I don't want them to be disappointed if there are no other kids onboard!

• 4 weeks later...