Legend Steakhouse on Alaska Cruise

DreaminofOz

My father and I are cruising on the Legend in May to Alaska. I was thinking of surprising him with dinner in the steakhouse one evening. But he is not a man that likes to dress up at all. I know that in general the dress on Alaska cruises is more casual, but wasn't sure if that carried over to the steakhouse or not. Would he be too under-dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt?

My father and I are cruising on the Legend in May to Alaska. I was thinking of surprising him with dinner in the steakhouse one evening. But he is not a man that likes to dress up at all. I know that in general the dress on Alaska cruises is more casual, but wasn't sure if that carried over to the steakhouse or not. Would he be too under-dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt?

You know, I try to accommodate rules and regulations of all sorts, but this is your vacation, you paid for it, and it sounds like a special cruise since traveling with your dad. I would prefer to surprise my dad and make another special memory than worry about what anyone thinks or says. If you are concerned you will be turned away at the door, go to the steakhouse and talk to the host/hostess. tell him/her what you are wanting to do for your dad and see what he/she says....I suspect you will be asked, "what evening would you like". Me, I would probably make my reservation and just show up. If anything said, would probably just say sorry, dress shirt was, ummmm, 'lost'. I have heard a lot of grumblings, mainly on this board, about people that OTHER people do not think were dressed appropriately. I never understood how what someone else wears impacts someone else's evening to such a degree. I hope you and your dad have a wonderful Alaskan cruise! Oh, and enjoy the steakhouse! ;)

Mamieof3 I believe you have gone off on at a tangent for really no reason. The arguments on this board always revolve around adhering to dress codes in the MDR in general and Formal/Elegant night specifically. I haven't seen a dress code for the steakhouse that would keep these folks out and certainly this attire would work for an Alaskan cruise.

Mamieof3 I believe you have gone off on at a tangent for really no reason. The arguments on this board always revolve around adhering to dress codes in the MDR in general and Formal/Elegant night specifically. I haven't seen a dress code for the steakhouse that would keep these folks out and certainly this attire would work for an Alaskan cruise.

well, RaiderCruiser, it would not be the first or last tangent I have been on! :p Honestly, I sure didn't mean it to come off that way. And, maybe I am just spinning yarn but I swear I have read many, many posts/complaints about attire in MDR, Lido buffet, Steakhouse...just about everywhere. I was just trying to 'pre-empt'.... I apologize if my 'tangent' rubbed you the wrong way. :)

First night is a little more casual, just tell the nice lady you haven't received your luggage yet. (if they should mention it) Truly the Legend steak house is the best restaurant I have ever eaten..

hint: don't order the Beefsteak tomato... its huge, and I mean huge.