How do I book the second passenger with me as "TBA" ???

RecoveryDude

Hi! How do you book a cabin for two but specify one person as "TBA" ?? I'm thinking of taking advantage of this reduced deposit special for a 2017 cruise but not sure who will come with me ... so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this ... I don't want to be charged a fee to "change the name" from TBA to the person's actual name ... but I don't even see where I have an option to book with TBA for passenger #2. Can this be done online or does it have to be done over the phone or what?

Thanks!

Jeff aka RecoveryDude :)

It will be easier to just call or as my PVP recommended one time when I did this - just book 1 person in the room and add the 2nd later. Your rate will remain the same (unless it's a solo special). They will just add taxes and port fees on the 2nd person when they are added. No name change fee and no penalty in case you end up by yourself.

It will be easier to just call or as my PVP recommended one time when I did this - just book 1 person in the room and add the 2nd later. Your rate will remain the same (unless it's a solo special). They will just add taxes and port fees on the 2nd person when they are added. No name change fee and no penalty in case you end up by yourself.

From what I understand, it's better to book a second guest as "TBA" because then Carnival knows to slot 2 people in your cabin for lifeboat purposes ... otherwise if you wait too long they may "sell out" based on how many lifeboat spots they have. I'd like to wait until 3 months before the cruise to select my cruise-mate - I don't have a problem booking solo right now, as long as I can add the person later, and anyone know how this affects my deposit if I use the $99 deposit special?

Just trying to figure out HOW to book someone TBA if that's the best way to do this.....

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

From what I understand, it's better to book a second guest as "TBA" because then Carnival knows to slot 2 people in your cabin for lifeboat purposes ... otherwise if you wait too long they may "sell out" based on how many lifeboat spots they have. I'd like to wait until 3 months before the cruise to select my cruise-mate - I don't have a problem booking solo right now, as long as I can add the person later, and anyone know how this affects my deposit if I use the $99 deposit special?

Just trying to figure out HOW to book someone TBA if that's the best way to do this.....

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I asked him that too and he said that the only time it would be an issue is if the ship did in fact sell out. So I kept an eye on it.

The deposit will be the same either way as your solo fare is double the price. Chances are that you will get a price drop at some point so you will need to pony up the full deposit at that time unless you are price matching to another reduced deposit special.

You should be able to go through the booking process online if you choose to book this way and skip over the 2nd passenger info. It should say something like "Complete this at a later date" or something like that. Do a mock booking once you log in and just don't put any payment info in.

I suggest you call Carnival or a PVP if you are concerned. All I can tell you is what I have done from experience and I did it as a solo just in case it was only me that went. I didn't want to forfeit any money.

If you do book a TBA passenger they will most likely try to hit you with a name change fee when you do book the 2nd person.

When I booked our 2/15 Breeze cruise back in June 2014, I had placed the cruise on a 24 hour hold prior to booking. Somehow the 2nd passenger's name defaulted to TBD. I called back later when I could not find any way to update the name myself and they pulled out the name change fee.

I stated I could not select the name at the time of booking and did not realize the system woudl not let me update it after the fact (which was the truth) and they did agree to waive the fee.

what I found out was that when you place the cruise on hold you have to go as far as selecting the 2nd persons name. If you do not, when you go back to make the booking official it will not let you select the 2nd person.

Maybe they have updated the system since 2014, but that was my experience then.