Magic Deluxe Oceanview for 5

beachsunsand

Hi,

I booked a cruise on the Magic for my family of 5 (me, husband and 3 kids- 5, 8, 10). When we booked my pvp didn't tell me that we aren't able to convert the twins to a king if we are using both uppers. I read about it on here and emailed him. He told me it was true. I was upset because he hadn't told us this during our multiple conversations about the cruise. When I questioned him he said he thinks that if we remove the ladder from one of the upper bunks (and just lift our child up there)that we can still have a king. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

When we had a deluxe OV for five on the Magic, the steward had the lower beds set up as a king. There wasn't really a good place for the ladder, but it's easy for a child to climb from the lower bed or be lifted. You might run into a steward who doesn't want to put the beds together, but in our experience it was no problem. We've also taken cruises in smaller rooms where the lower beds were set up as twins, and it really was okay. Don't worry about it. You will love the Magic. :)

We have been in a room like this before too but there are only 4 of us. It might have been the Liberty that had a bunk over the head of our bed and a bunk over the foot of our bed when he had the king size bed. We just had to duck down to scoot under it to go out the balcony door.

As you can see here, it can be done. This was someone else's pic that they posted, so it's been done multiple times. The person in the king bed that's sleeping halfway under the upper bunk has pretty much no way in & out of their bed, except over their partner. And whoever is sleeping in that upper bunk will have to jump up or climb the other bunk's ladder and crawl over. That's why they say that it "cannot" be done, because they're guessing that this isn't desirable for most people. However, the room steward will most likely be willing to do it for you. Just let them know.

dreamquint2.jpg