Disembarking in Southampton

I have just had an email from my airline changing my flight out of Southampton from lunchtime forward to 9am on the day we return in to Southampton port.

According to the itinerary, the ship arrives at 5.30am. Does anyone think it possible to make it to the airport in time for a 9am flight? How early are we likely to be able to disembark the ship?

It is on the Independence cruising 27 August to 9 September if that makes a difference - so the day in question is a work day and that might be rush hour, not sure what traffic is like at the time.

Where are you flying from? If it is from Southampton Parkway and it is a domestic flight, you might be ok. However, to be on the safe side, get your flight changed to a later time.

Flying from Glasgow so it is a domestic flight. If we could get to the airport by 7.30 I think we'd be ok but any later and I think we are pushing it, especially as we'll have our almost 2 year old with us

Flying from Glasgow so it is a domestic flight. If we could get to the airport by 7.30 I think we'd be ok but any later and I think we are pushing it, especially as we'll have our almost 2 year old with us

I would play it safe and see if you can get a later flight. Southampton city can get busy on a wrong day.

We have the same problem with our flights in April to i was doing the guest information when I imputed my flight information it told me I had to re-enter my flight time to 12.30pm as the earliest time for disembarking for my flight

So a call to Royal tomorrow to see what they say

First time Royal cruisers 😢😢

We have the same problem with our flights in April to i was doing the guest information when I imputed my flight information it told me I had to re-enter my flight time to 12.30pm as the earliest time for disembarking for my flight

So a call to Royal tomorrow to see what they say

First time Royal cruisers 😢😢

That section is informational only. You can put whatever you want there.

I live in Southampton - if you do stick with your flights and are worried about the rush hour traffic, the train is also an option. Southampton Central is walkable from the cruise terminal, although with suitcases, I'd take a taxi to the station to avoid the faff. Trains from Southampton Central to Southampton Airport Parkway take around 6 minutes and at that time of day, there are around 7 an hour.

Royal have come back to day they recommend the earliest flight being 9.30 so think we'll just end up changing the flights and finding something to do for the day. I don't think doing self disembark will work with our toddler.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk