Shopping for water shoes

NEWYORKER58

I would REALLY try to buy them now at home or in your embarcation city if you are flying in early enough.

Walmart and Kmart both had them this summer for $7/less. Not sure if they still do. In addition to shoe section try sporting goods. I know Sportmart carries them all year around but they are very $$$ there.

Also, if you are a cruiser, you will probably use them again so don't necessirily go for the absolute cheapest. DD thought the same thing 3/04, however, she is honeymoon cruising this Dec.

Agree with others, buy at Wal-Mart type store. Water shoes are useful for many things, perhaps walking shorelines, rocks, rivers, roads, sidewalks, anywhere it might be rough on feet, washing car, watering lawn, an endless list - And they wash and dry nicely. John:p

Water shoes are great. but they are NOT allowed when going to the sandbar to swim with the stingrays.

You mean not allowed in the water with them, right? It's still fine to wear them on the boat going out there, I'd hope.

Hi Marilyn!

Glad to see your post! As of last week, my target still had them on clearance for about 2.50 a pair. I can pick some up for you and meet up w/you on the ship if you'd like . Let me know how many pairs and what sizes. I usually take a 8 1/2 and the 7 fit me perfectly.

Leslie

thanks so much blue fancy, i will check target. my girl friend never does anything in the water so will never use them again. she needs them for the day after at jamaica- dunns falls and river tubing but didn't realize early enough here in nyc. will ck. with our target and see if they still have them. i have been on this site for 3 years thru 3 going on 4 cruises and learned so much. how does anyone cruise without this site- and yet most do. thanks again to all who answered me.

marilyn:)

• 1 month later...
would anyone know if we can buy cheap water shoes as soon as we get off the tender and at the dock or very near by. we will only be using them once or twice.

marilyn:)

Modells usually has them. I think I paid under $20 but am not sure.

Archived