Wedding Location-Carnival Conquest

ccruise87

They usually have the wedding in the "chapel" room. We were married there in Dec of 2003.

I haven't seen a "chapel" on any Carnival ship I've been on recently. They seem to have vanished with the new upgrades. Though, with full disclosure, I haven't been on all the ships nor do I "look" for a chapel. Kind of a wasted space in my opinion.

They usually have the wedding in the "chapel" room. We were married there in Dec of 2003.

I don't recall seeing a chapel on the Conquest.

If those are your only choices, I'd pick Alfreds. Its pretty.

Make sure to get pictures on the Promenade..I loved the glass flower lights.

I haven't seen a "chapel" on any Carnival ship I've been on recently. They seem to have vanished with the new upgrades. Though, with full disclosure, I haven't been on all the ships nor do I "look" for a chapel. Kind of a wasted space in my opinion.

I don't recall seeing a chapel on the Conquest.

If those are your only choices, I'd pick Alfreds. Its pretty.

Make sure to get pictures on the Promenade..I loved the glass flower lights.

Just because you haven't seen it or you consider it wasted space doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It shows on the deck plans as a conference room on Deck 4. It is tucked away so unless you specifically seek it out you will never see it.

Most of the time it is set up for weddings with chairs on either side of an aisle and pedestals up front as well. I can assure you it is still there on the Conquest as DH and I stopped by on our last Conquest cruise to reminisce. It is also there on the Glory as of last month.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Conquest doesn't have a chapel.

I've only seen chapels on the Spirit class on Carnival.

Yes I know. It is technically a conference room that is set up the majority of the time for weddings. Hence in my original post I used the term "chapel" room. Emphasis on the quotation marks. I did not say it was an actual chapel.

Thanks everyone! They typically use the Gallery for weddings but it is unable to accommodate us that day. There is no “chapel” onboard (I think they have been taking them out) but that is usually the go-to room for weddings on the Conquest. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone! They typically use the Gallery for weddings but it is unable to accommodate us that day. There is no “chapel” onboard (I think they have been taking them out) but that is usually the go-to room for weddings on the Conquest. Thanks again!

We got married on the Conquest when it was about a year old. It never had an official chapel, just the Gallery and that is where we got married :)

So which venue are you going to choose? Are you getting married before you leave or in a foreign port? We had the minister come on in Jamaica and our marriage certificate is beautiful. Purple, pink, and teal with hummingbirds on the top.

We still haven't decided yet :) After speaking with our wedding coordinator, we were also given the Main Show Lounge as an option. It just doesn’t have the right feel for us so it is out. I am leaning towards Alfred’s but my fiancé does not like the idea of being married “in a bar” .

We are having an embarkation wedding in Ft Lauderdale before the ship leaves! Your certificate sounds beautiful!

Only Spirit class ships have chapels. They are not wasted space! On our last 16 day cruise to Hawaii we had a church service in the chapel on various sea days. This was on the Miracle. Carnival has not removed chapels from other ships because they never had them!

"Church" services on a cruise "usually" only occur when someone "of the cloth" is onboard to conduct the services; voluntarily. Carnival is not in the "church service" business and does not sail with a designated chaplain.

Yes I know. It is technically a conference room that is set up the majority of the time for weddings. Hence in my original post I used the term "chapel" room. Emphasis on the quotation marks. I did not say it was an actual chapel.

On most ships, yes. But on the Spirit class there are dedicated chapels. The Miracle chapel's decor, paintings and mosaics) definitely have religious, New Testament influence.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?ship=Carnival-Miracle&deck=Atlantic&r=690

Edited by SadieN

On most ships, yes. But on the Spirit class there are dedicated chapels. The Miracle chapel's decor, paintings and mosaics) definitely have religious, New Testament influence.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/shiptour.php?ship=Carnival-Miracle&deck=Atlantic&r=690

I have only been on Conquest Class ships with Carnival. Maybe one day I will expand my horizons.