Drink package

TheFly's

No limit

Is this possibly another (in)famous RCI inconsistency across ships? I have never purchased a package above Refreshment, so I have no direct experience. But I have heard from other passengers on board discuss a 15-drink per day limit and who boasted about being able to maintain that rate of consumption. Most recently I heard this aboard Enchantment in November 2015.

Is this possibly another (in)famous RCI inconsistency across ships? I have never purchased a package above Refreshment, so I have no direct experience. But I have heard from other passengers on board discuss a 15-drink per day limit and who boasted about being able to maintain that rate of consumption. Most recently I heard this aboard Enchantment in November 2015.

Never heard of a drink limit on Royal. Carnival has a limit in a 24-hour period.

Never heard of a drink limit on Royal. Carnival has a limit in a 24-hour period.

Okay, thanks. They could possibly have been discussing other cruises they had been on with other lines.

Personally I have experienced an artificial limit on the Freestyle machines (on board Explorer and Oasis when I sailed on them). They used to allow only one "refill" every 15 minutes, if I remember correctly. That really used to annoy me for a few reasons.

When I was really thirsty (e.g. after an activity, returning from a hot day in port, etc.), I couldn't quickly down a cup and then refill it at the machine. The time delay also meant I couldn't easily sample a bunch of different flavours at once, to try a little of this, and then try a little bit of that. And lastly, it could quickly time-out during a refill. So if I had mostly filled the cup but then waited too long to let the fizziness settle a bit before topping off the cup, I couldn't use the machine again for another 15 minutes. :mad:

However, I didn't experience that time delay more recently onboard Enchantment, so I'm not sure if RCI changed the Freestyle machine settings, or if it's another "depends on the ship" policy. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know I could go to a bar and have them give me a glass or fill my souvenir cup...but the selection is not the same.

I've never hit a limit with the Premium Package (on three different ships). I have not only gotten drinks quickly back to back, but have definitely exceeded 15 drinks in a 24hr period. :eek: :D

Now, on the Majesty, the only ship I've been on with the Coke Freestyle machines, I did experience the delay limit between refills.

Dan.

I did see a guy regularly at the same seat at one bar. He would get there as soon as they were serving and just pour one beer after another into himself. He was starting one when I lined up for Guest Relations and was getting the next when I left about 15 minutes later. When I came back he was still there and consuming at what appeared to be the same rate.

He must have left to visit the loo and attend the AA meetings :D

I did see a guy regularly at the same seat at one bar. He would get there as soon as they were serving and just pour one beer after another into himself. He was starting one when I lined up for Guest Relations and was getting the next when I left about 15 minutes later. When I came back he was still there and consuming at what appeared to be the same rate.

And again the need to make someone a drunk just because he was enjoying a few beers.

Seems like you are the one with the problem.

are the gratuities included in the drinks package or added extras to you oba we have not had the drinks packages before so was just wondering

Gratuities are either included in the price of the package, or added at the time of package purchase. No gratuitt are added when you order drinks.

Edited by clarea

are the gratuities included in the drinks package or added extras to you oba we have not had the drinks packages before so was just wondering

You pay for gratitudes when you buy the package. If you buy over the limit you will have to pay gratitudes for the extra amount.

You pay for gratitudes when you buy the package. If you buy over the limit you will have to pay gratitudes for the extra amount.

There are no limits on the packages except the water packages 12 or 24 bottles, so nothing extra to pay at all.

The only time I've been "Turned Down" is if you order another drink within 5 min period. Once I didn't like my drink, and he said I had to wait 5 mins before system would let him ring up another one. He went ahead and made another one, but asked I wait, so he could ring it up.

There are no limits on the packages except the water packages 12 or 24 bottles, so nothing extra to pay at all.

There are limits to what the package will cover, so for example, if you order a glass of wine that is more expensive than what the package covers, you pay the difference plus gratuity on that difference.

Good Evening! Got a question. On the drink packages is there a limit to how many drinks per day? For example with the premium package is there a total drink limit like 15 per day?

Carnival has a limit, RCCL does not. However, the limit is based on your ability to act normal. All bartenders are required to make that judgement of when is enough.

And again the need to make someone a drunk just because he was enjoying a few beers.

A few Beers???? Poured in by the keg.

Seems like you are the one with the problem.

Ah yes .... I can see that. I do not like being around drunk people.

Give it up already dude, we all know your agenda :rolleyes:

###