Carnival Magic Deck 9

freestuffapt

Planning to book a 8E balcony room on magic. First time cruiser here. I am assuming 8A/B/C/D/E only differentiates the location on the deck.

The following rooms are currently available.

9401, 9398, 9394, 9391, 9363, 9360, 9347, 9346

it seems all of these are below the lido deck. Any suggestions regarding noises etc...

There are also rooms availalbe on decks 6,7,8..(bit cheaper but not much)

is higher deck typically better? also is 8E a better location than 8D?

Thanks

Edited by freestuffapt

I typically ignore the letters. Other than a few exceptions, all those balcony rooms will be exactly the same. Higher is not necessarily better. Some people, such as me, prefer to be low on the ship, as that puts me closer to entertainment, dining rooms, & getting off/on the ship. Some people totally love lido deck, for the ease of getting to the pool & buffet. It's about personal preference. The cruiselines push the myth that higher is better, so that they can charge more for the higher rooms.

Because of my preference for low rooms, I think that the deck 2 coves are the best balconies on this ship. I just stay forward of the midship elevators. Otherwise, you would be under the galley/kitchen, which can be noisy at all hours in spots. Coves are the only balconies that will see water when looking straight down. That's because every balcony above the deck 5 lanai that sticks out from the ship will see that lanai (public walkway) when they look straight down. Going higher up makes the lanai not as big of a deal. Deck 6 will take away almost all of your privacy, as the people on the lanai can easily see right onto those balconies.

In regards to what you are looking at, I would probably pick a forward room on deck 9 or a midship room on deck 8. Those are both in the 8D category. The only concern about the midship rooms on deck 9 that you have listed is that they are directly below the buffet area. That might be just fine, but there could be some chair scooting noises & lots of people walking around above you. But not nearly as much of that overnight. The forward of deck 9 or all of deck 8 will have staterooms both above & below them, which is a very good thing. Deck 6 not only has the lanai problem, but it's also directly above the public promenade areas, where most of the nighttime action is taking place.

I always stay on deck 7 on most ships. we like to have one deck of cabins between me and anything else. On a Dream Class you are 2 decks above the Promenade and 3 decks below the Lido. On Conquest class you are 2 decks above the Promenade and 2 deck below the Lido. Seems to work fine for us. Plus the views from deck 7 at sea and in port are great. Just our preference.

A higher floor is not really better. To me it all just depends on what you want to be near.

If I have a choice I stay away from the decks under Lido (9 on the magic) and the deck above the Promenade (deck 6 on Magic). I would hate to get stuck over a night club.

If you want a basic balcony cabin I would go for one on deck 7 or 8. If you are worried at all about ship movement mid ship is best.

You may want to consider a Lido deck cabin. We have had these many times and they are one of our favorites. We actually have one booked on the Magic.

cruise deck plans dot com is a good website to look at cabins.