Sailing from New Orleans in Summer 2017 questions

Velvetwater

Hi

I posted some of this on CCL forums too..

Since we have had a summer cruise booked for over a year now we are looking at booking our Summer 2017 cruise. Originally my Husband didn't want to cruise but hes been going on about going to New Orleans for a while and thinks a week sightseeing there then a cruise would be a great.

We would be looking at the mid August CCL Dream sailing Going to Belize,Roatan and Cozumel. We have our eye on this one as Belize is our most desired Carribean port.

1. Any particular hotel? We usually stay budget so we can have a few more nights but want to be able to walk to the French Quarter.

2. Any particular foodie spots? I have the oldest Po boy shop, Cafe Du Monde and the Carousel bar on my list.

3.Any particular night/music spots? Husband is passionate about this but could do with some advice.

4. Is it easy to travel out to plantation country/The Garden quarter by public transport?

5. Hows the weather? We found Florida in August very humid and hot but coped with it for a few days.

6. Is the Amtrak train in the South ok? It saves us so much money to fly to Houston then take the train to New Orleans and we would get a day/night in another state/city.

Any other NOLA tips would be excellent too.

Thanks so much! :)