Anyone do the 8 day Southern Magic with Kids(sea day activities for kids)

Jenn1974

There are 4 sea days on this cruise and it will be my 7 and 4 year old daughters first cruise. Has anyone done this Itinerary with small children. Is there Camp Carnival activities on Sea days?

Is there plenty to keep my kids entertained on Sea Days? I have only cruised when my son (now 17) was 8 and I don't really remember much about what he did on sea days.

Thoughts????

We were just on the Magic for a 7 day cruise. There is camp ocean every day, it's tons of fun and they do lots of neat activities. The water slides are great, along with waterworks and the pools. There is mini golf, basketball, ping pong, and a sky course. There's also a dr Seuss parade and dr Seuss brunch, plenty to do! Check out the family board for more info.

Which ship are you looking at? I was on the Liberty with my son (5 at the time) and we only had 2 sea days. The first one he was bored, they don't have the waterworks and the pool was crazy crowded so I didn't feel safe in it for too long with him. We played mini golf and basketball, eventually he agreed to go to the kids club and then had a lot of fun there, but he was nervous/shy at first. Our second sea day was better though we were both sea sick and slept most of the morning. There were more activities that day though, we did a kids scavenger hunt and he won a trophy. I'd look at the ship, if they have a waterworks, I would go for it. The kids club is open daily but closes for lunch and dinner, and they don't open until 9 or so, my kid is an early riser :)

We were on an 8 day southern on the Valor which is much less appointed than the Magic. Our kids were 9 and 5 at the time. We had 4 sea days and don't recall any bored days.

We usually ate Sea Day Brunch, Camp for an hour or so while I hit the gym, lunch in the Lido, afternoon swimming,filled intermittently with mini-golf, corn-hole, limbo contests by the pool, a camp activity or two, a fun times activity or two, ice cream, basketball, etc. And my 5 yo was always so wiped out from staying up a little later than normal and all the activity that she and I often when back to the room for an hour or so in the afternoons and she would take a short nap.

I would go over the kids activities (take a highlighter if they see something they like) and the regular fun times.

I could sit around all day and do nothing so it takes a little effort for me to track down the activities and go to them. But they loved so it was worth it.

The pool/slide/hottubs occupy them for a lot of the time.