Anthem Balcony Cabin for Singles

Newatt

Has any one experienced the small balcony cabins for one? I am thinking of booking one this spring and need to know if they are functional and comfortable.

Thanks in advance!

I had one on the Quantum. Loved it. Try for one of the "xx48" they have really large balconies. Not a lot of storage, but I made it work on a 12 night cruise and I don't pack light.

I had one on the Quantum. Loved it. Try for one of the "xx48" they have really large balconies. Not a lot of storage, but I made it work on a 12 night cruise and I don't pack light.

Thanks for the info. For clarification "xx48" means cabins that end in 48?

Are these secret cabins? I did a search on RCI's website (limited to Quantum-class ships) and didn't find any references to single-sized balcony staterooms (or even solo-sized interior staterooms).

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm genuinely interested in finding good deals for a solo cruise.

Are these secret cabins? I did a search on RCI's website (limited to Quantum-class ships) and didn't find any references to single-sized balcony staterooms (or even solo-sized interior staterooms).

I'm not trying to be a jerk; I'm genuinely interested in finding good deals for a solo cruise.

They sell out quick and are referred to as Studios not single or solo. SI for the interiors and SB for the balconies

This is a video of the solo balcony on Quantum with the large balcony

As mentioned there are only 16 on the ship, so they sell out fast.

For the best pricing its best to book when the new schedules come out this spring....after that they are hard to find on most itineraries and the prices jump considerably.

This is the link to the cabins on the Royal site

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

Edited by AdrenalineRush

They are called "Super Studio Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony". You will only see them displayed as an option is you select "1" for number of passengers.

This is a video of the solo balcony on Quantum with the large balcony

As mentioned there are only 16 on the ship, so they sell out fast.

For the best pricing its best to book when the new schedules come out this spring....after that they are hard to find on most itineraries and the prices jump considerably.

This is the link to the cabins on the Royal site

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

THANK YOU!! This is excellent information.

I concur, Winnie! Severely limited number of those cabins on the ship and TWO are allowed in them?! That doesn't make them single cabins, that makes them small cabins. Now we know why they go so fast.

When they were first made available two people could book them and the pricing was favorable to do so.

Currently you can't book two in the solo balcony, but in reality it really wouldn't be cost effective to do so. You can get a much larger balcony and a lower rate as a couple.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in 6648 for my upcoming cruise next month on Anthem. I cannot wait to check out a "studio balcony". I have heard that in that particular room the balcony is actually larger than the stateroom! Fine with me!!!

I will post back to let others know my experience.

Oh - and I completely agree that RCCL should not allow couples to book these. I think folks cheat when doing that - they book for 1 and then add the other. Shame on them. I wish RCCL would make them move rooms when adding a 2nd person to the reservation. If that happened, perhaps the prices of these rooms would be better.

the xx48 balconies are HUGE. I had one on the Quantum last year. I have a non studio balcony on my upcoming cruise and I really do wonder if I will miss the larger balcony rather than a larger cabin

I just booked that cabin for the 2/19/17 sailing. Looking forward to the experience!!! Did you hear noise from deck 5 in the cabin?