Did I do OK? Analyze my booking...

jeffdal

Hey everyone! I always like some feedback. Did I do Ok with my booking? Booked earlier this week. :) The pic of the direct mail my roommate got is below. I never look at cruise mail because the deals never apply to me but the half off deposits caught my eye... and price protection.

April 23 5 day sailing out of Galveston on Liberty.

*Budget conscience, last minute trip and needed to spread cruise cost a couple payments up to final payment on Feb 23... plus pay deposit.

*Driving down to Galveston from Dallas.

*Will transfer booking to friend who is TA for the final payment. I like to do the initial research and pay several times online. After I transfer he usually can find a better location, add OBC and always sends a gift to the stateroom for the cruise. And I get pretty good travel insurance from him.

Here's the deal... and screen shot of it below.

--Booked Early Saver Exclusive VIFP Deal with price protection, 50% PP deposit (came out to $150) free upgrades, up to $150 OBC (ours was $50), choice of stateroom and sale ends Feb 15. (This deal only worked with my travel companion's VIFP sailing number on four times Carnival, me just two)

--8C, stateroom 8254, $599.00 per person not including taxes, fees, port expenses, transfers and trip protection.

2ez05z4.jpg

34xs3gy.jpg

Edited by jeffdal

If you are happy with the booking, then I say do you did great!

I am not going to look up the deck maps, but my guess is deck 8 is sandwiched between two other all-cabin decks so it should be a quiet room and centrally located.

Personally, I do not like that booking. I need a Cloud 9 Spa balcony (which limits the ships and jacks up the price) or I don't cruise ;)

If you are happy with the booking, then I say do you did great!

I am not going to look up the deck maps, but my guess is deck 8 is sandwiched between two other all-cabin decks so it should be a quiet room and centrally located.

Personally, I do not like that booking. I need a Cloud 9 Spa balcony (which limits the ships and jacks up the price) or I don't cruise ;)

Love the sound of that.. Cloud 9 Spa balcony.

I just looked at your cabin and it's a good location. It's right by the elevators which is not bad regardless of what some may say. We've had cabins in this location and we don't hear a thing. You might want to keep checking the Carnival website for price drops. We use our Discover card and Discover travel as sometimes they have 10% cash back on cruises. We have 2 booked right now getting 10% cash back with Princess. If you do, check Discover's website, even 5% cash back IMHO is worth it. Never had any trouble with them.