Port of call wedding

DataDon

Son and his fiance are planning a small, simple wedding ceremony in Juneau which will be our first port of call in September. Arrangements are being made with local vendors rather than thru the cruise line. The plan is to return to the ship after the ceremony in town and have dinner in the main dining room. We will all be dressed in wedding finery. There are 16 of us traveling together on this cruise and all have our reservations linked for early dining.

My question is whether you think the main dining room will be just as special as a specialty restaurant for the wedding dinner? This will be the first cruise for most of the group and the main dining room is gorgeous. Thanks

I think the main dining room would be fine for your guests. For our port wedding we did a "rehearsal" dinner the night before in specialty dining (for a larger group this must be pre-planned well before the sailing). I felt bad for the other diners; we did have half of the steakhouse to ourselves but we were still a large group (32 people) that created a larger than usual noise.

I think just having the whole group there after the wedding will be great, doesn't matter what room you eat in.