Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

Doug, have the kids checked out the kids club? Any feedback on it would be appreciated! I'm so loving your review!

Sorry, I know this has been asked a few times and I've forgot to answer. Nope - neither have gone.

We did see a super cute guppy parade going through the atrium one night. I have a great photo, but when I saw names were on the costumes I thought it wasn't appropriate to post. Looked like they were having fun.

We had a few teens take advantage of Entourage on the Breakaway last August, and the club is also present on the Escape. During the night party scene parents aren't allowed past the door. Looked great - club scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ut oh. Could it be? Could all of this lack of sleep finally have caught up to Doug and he passed out?

Nope, I'm gonna go with the wifi is down.

Wifi today is the best it's been on a sea day (everybody aboard). Making my life easier!

That Day 6 Sea Day was when I started to realize just how fast the week went by and how even faster the cruise would be over.

It does fly by - but I gotta say, that whole airport fiasco seems like months ago.

Sue and I stop by guest services. Employee greets me by name.

Sue asks, "how does everybody know his name??"

Employee gives blank stare #3, then points to my name on the room card that I previously handed him.

Meat processing room. Cutting boards color coded to prevent cross contamination (red is for red meat).

14bcaaa71ae17cbaa766a4ff07a3a144.jpg

454e70b020fd08186362e89e9a82315f.jpg

Someone needs to tell these guys to use a boning knife for trimming.

Also, do you know what restaurant these steaks were for??? USDA Select is a pretty bad for flavor purposes... very little marbling

Great review OP.... first CC review I've read in a long time that isn't littered with a life story or not-so-interesting banter. Great work!

Edited by mcsb11

Roosters are spotted, which can only mean one thing.

1c337341b31c789afd5429108d8507bc.jpg

Doug touching things...

90f34ddc070af82c8068687a11fccccb.jpg

I know I'm a little behind here. I had to go back a few pages and read what I skipped yesterday. We were out listening to a Ragtime band and having a few drafts last night.

So..

Doug, don't touch my, ah .... HEN... LOL

This is technically our 3rd cruise as we were on for the inaugural, followed by the 3/day. Currently sailing this week, Jan. 30. We still love this ship and the staff, even though there are many, many children onboard!

The Million Dollar Quartet is not to be missed. Could watch it every cruise...don't leave until the VERY end! Howl at the Moon is always packed, so go at least 1/2 hour early to get a seat!

We have the Ultimate Dining Pkg. To remember, even though other posts say differently, if you choose 7 evening dining venues, you have exchange one of them to dine in Margaritaville. We argued the point, to no avail. As in the past, all of the specialty dining venues are excellent. Please, please make your reservations before leaving home!!

One of our favorite places for quiet times is on the Waterfront. Go early, grab and nice comfy sofa or chair. If you go to Spice H2O, expect a lot of adults for most of the day. The most crowded place is around the main pool, and you will be lucky to grab a chair if you don't go out before sunrise! People hold chairs for long periods of time when you will never see them. No way to control that, I guess, but we don't want to sit out there anyway.

Be sure to visit the Sugarcane Bar at least once during your cruise. Bong, the bartender, is the best for making your favorite mojitos, and he will tell you some funny, funny jokes!

5:08pm - I have failed at napping this entire trip. I've tried several times, but just can't fall asleep.

I don't know what's been preventing it, as I'm well beyond any reasonable state of exhaustion. I'd be curious to go back and figure out how many hours I've actually slept.

But now dad keeps calling my room, and we're getting too close to Bayamo time.

Getting ready...

This is technically our 3rd cruise as we were on for the inaugural, followed by the 3/day. Currently sailing this week, Jan. 30. We still love this ship and the staff, even though there are many, many children onboard!

The Million Dollar Quartet is not to be missed. Could watch it every cruise...don't leave until the VERY end! Howl at the Moon is always packed, so go at least 1/2 hour early to get a seat!

We have the Ultimate Dining Pkg. To remember, even though other posts say differently, if you choose 7 evening dining venues, you have exchange one of them to dine in Margaritaville. We argued the point, to no avail. As in the past, all of the specialty dining venues are excellent. Please, please make your reservations before leaving home!!

One of our favorite places for quiet times is on the Waterfront. Go early, grab and nice comfy sofa or chair. If you go to Spice H2O, expect a lot of adults for most of the day. The most crowded place is around the main pool, and you will be lucky to grab a chair if you don't go out before sunrise! People hold chairs for long periods of time when you will never see them. No way to control that, I guess, but we don't want to sit out there anyway.

Be sure to visit the Sugarcane Bar at least once during your cruise. Bong, the bartender, is the best for making your favorite mojitos, and he will tell you some funny, funny jokes!

Regarding Margaritaville, you can't just tell them you don't want to use your SDP/UDP and pay a la carte?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

5:08pm - I have failed at napping this entire trip. I've tried several times, but just can't fall asleep.

I don't know what's been preventing it, as I'm well beyond any reasonable state of exhaustion.

Dude, you need a vacation.

61a391e5d7938771ba4b456efb26ba3c.jpg

LOVING the mini suite shower. Some of you may recognize that the current settings will trigger a scream from the next person that attempts to shower. Simple pleasures.

5dc33d327ee6aabe3c8d1d964d67de6e.jpg

6:00pm - leaving room in a minute