Room Steward Question

Jenn1974

How long do stewards typically work on a ship? DO they always have the same area of the ship? The reason I ask this is I was on a cruise two weeks ago and we had the most amazing steward. I booked the same ship same cabin for a cruise in October. I am wondering if by chance we will get the same steward. That would rock. Anyone know?

You never know. They move them around on the same ship. They move them from ship to ship. We had the same cabin last year in March and again in July on Carnival Magic--we had different cabin stewards on each sailing.

I see you like the Magic. We just booked a June 2017 family cruise for us and our 3 kids on the Magic.

On our last B2B we had a total of 3 different stewards and we were in the same cabin for both. On the first leg, an 8 day, we had Oscar for days 1-6 then his contract ended. We had Jerry for the last day. Got Javiar for the entire 6 day that followed. Oscar did say that after 2 1/2 months off he would be sailing out of Australia for Carnival.

Edited by WindsorFred

Cabin stewards are moved around. Sometimes their contract is up and they go home for a couple of months then come back to a different ship. I've heard to try and get a cabin near a suite as the cabin stewards are generally better. On our last cruise to Hawaii on Princess, we had a great room steward. I tipped him twice in the 15-days we were on board. Only had 1 day service, no turn downs (our request), and he gave us soap and lotion every day. I've had only 2 bad room stewards in all my cruises, it doesn't make for a good cruise just a bad memorable one.