Pearl Spa Package

barb65

I loved the Pearl spa. Much better than the Jade. The Pearl spa as the thasotherapy pool with the massaging jet that will pound any knots you may have in back. It feels just as good as a deep tissue massage. The co-ed area is also much larger on the Pearl compared to the Jade. I have not been on a mega ship but Pearl's spa puts Hal's to shame. The heated tile loungers are comfortable and I found the spa on the pearl to be my favorite spot. Especially for Alaska.

Some of the people on board our cruise have already gotten their spa pass but we have been unable to. I guess if you are in a suite the rules are different. We cannot until 90 days prior. Talked to NCL, they confirmed - 90 days prior.

Some of the people on board our cruise have already gotten their spa pass but we have been unable to. I guess if you are in a suite the rules are different. We cannot until 90 days prior. Talked to NCL, they confirmed - 90 days prior.

I'm pretty sure it's 100 days for a suite and 90 days for everybody else...

I'm still waiting for the 90 day mark as well!

I was on the Pearl in October and got the spa pass, which I really enjoyed. I had no trouble signing up for it once on the ship although I do understand that there is a savings ($20 IIRC) if you book online prior to the cruise.

I did have an issue one night with the spa. Went to the spa just after 7:00 pm and was told it was 'closed' for the rest of the evening. The reason it was 'closed' was because they were having a "Ladies Night", to which, being a woman, I could purchase access to.

Now I take exception to the fact that they thought it was perfectly reasonable to re-sell me spa access to which I was supposed to be entitled to as it was paid for on day 1 of the cruise. Even if this was acceptable at the very least I should have been notified beforehand, not when I arrive dressed and ready to use the facilities. If they can send advertisements to my cabin about specials they should certainly be able to send a letter to my cabin giving me ample notice about the closure. Or they could have told me on day 1 when I bought the pass, nothing like being up front about what you are selling.

Fast forward to the following week when I was on the Star. On day 1 I went for a tour of the spa and when we were in the thermal area I specifically asked if there was any times when the spa would be closed. I was told 'No'. I then asked about the 'Ladies Night' and inquired if they would be having one, to which I was told 'Yes'. I then asked if they were going to be having it in the thermal area, again the response was 'Yes'. :confused::confused::confused:

Even though I really enjoy having access to the thermal areas, on principle I did not purchase a spa pass on the Star.

Our Cruise Critic group had another get together with the officers at the end of our cruise as they were looking for feedback. I did let them know about this situation and hopefully they will take steps to either not to be re-selling something they have already sold or at the very least informing those who have purchased passed when the facilities will not be available.

I mention all this not to deter anyone from purchasing the passes just ask ahead of time about times during regular operating hours that the facilities may be closed to you. This way avoiding any disappointment in showing up one evening all ready to partake and being turned away. With proper notice you can always go at a different time.

Rochelle

Buying the spa pass was the best thing I did for my Pearl cruise last November. The facilities are wonderful, and it was never crowded during my sailing. Most of the time there were only a handful of people there (and several times I was actually alone); once there were about 15 people there, for maybe 30 minutes or so, and that was the most crowded it got.

I was there every evening for my 4-day cruise, and there was never a Ladies Night. I too would have been upset to have to pay a second access fee if that had happened to me! Hopefully, NCL has discontinued/will discontinue that practice.