Traveling on Carnival Paradise on 2/6 do you have any questions for me to get answers

mudd_mickey

Traveling on the Carnival Paradise on 2/6 to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

If you have any questions that have gone unanswered or are very specific to the ship or ports just ask and I'll do the best I can to get answers while traveling and post the answers upon my return.

I'll not longer check this thread for questions after 2/6 at 11 am.

I just got off Paradise (had the extra night due to fog).

Bingo packages vary. DW played one time. I believe there was a $20, $30 and a $40 package. That gave you cards for 4 games. The top package included a dauber, otherwise it's $2 extra.

Buffet shuts down at 1 am. Pizza is available 24 hours. For the best pizza, order a whole pie.

Steve (Cruise Director) said they would start handing out Tender Stickers at 9:30 on the Lido stage. I got there about 9:00 and hung out. About 9:20 someone made a move to start a line and everyone else followed. I got in group #4, and the highest number I saw someone wearing was 21. If you have a Carnival excursion booked you get priority tendering and instead go to the Normandie Lounge (8th floor forward). I didn't specifically hear anything about FTTF (I wasn't listening for it either) but I imagine that is where you should go if you have it.

We had a self-booked excursion to do the Dolphin Swim and needed to be at the site by 12:30 (to be ready for our 1:00 time). Tender process started around 10:00 and we were on shore by about 11:15. We had plenty of time to get there and even took the much cheaper public bus ($5 r/t vs. $40 for taxi)

to do so.

If you don't mind:

-The price of bingo

-Late night buffet?

-Tendering Process for grand cayman - I have FTTF I would like to be on the first tender if possible

Edited by lazyart

I just got off Paradise (had the extra night due to fog).

Bingo packages vary. DW played one time. I believe there was a $20, $30 and a $40 package. That gave you cards for 4 games. The top package included a dauber, otherwise it's $2 extra.

Buffet shuts down at 1 am. Pizza is available 24 hours. For the best pizza, order a whole pie.

Steve (Cruise Director) said they would start handing out Tender Stickers at 9:30 on the Lido stage. I got there about 9:00 and hung out. About 9:20 someone made a move to start a line and everyone else followed. I got in group #4, and the highest number I saw someone wearing was 21. If you have a Carnival excursion booked you get priority tendering and instead go to the Normandie Lounge (8th floor forward). I didn't specifically hear anything about FTTF (I wasn't listening for it either) but I imagine that is where you should go if you have it.

We had a self-booked excursion to do the Dolphin Swim and needed to be at the site by 12:30 (to be ready for our 1:00 time). Tender process started around 10:00 and we were on shore by about 11:15. We had plenty of time to get there and even took the much cheaper public bus ($5 r/t vs. $40 for taxi)

to do so.

Thanks!!!! I think my itinerary might be slightly different, I am supposed to land in GC at 8am and because it is after daylight savings time (clocks spring forward in March) which GC does not observe, it'll really be 7am on the island giving me plenty of time to get to my excursion.

How was the CD? Did you like him? I have very fond memories of Cruise Director Dan on the Caribbean Princess and I have yet to have a CD as great as him :(

I would like funtimes too but thought that was asking too much, I don't want to be a bother to anyone :o

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't mind:

-The price of bingo

-Late night buffet?

-Tendering Process for grand cayman - I have FTTF I would like to be on the first tender if possible

Bingo is $10 for 3 squares for 4 games and sold as $20, $30, or $40. We played the $30 set which gave us 9 squares x 4 sheets (see image). Optional dauber is $2 and comes in very handy. When you sign up they give you a green sheet to fill out and bring it with you next time (see image). It's just an order form to expedite the sign-up for bingo and it asks which bingo cards you want, your name, room #, and signature. The benefit to this is you get 3 free squares ($10 value see image on the right) AND..... you get to skip the long line when you return. Just walk to the front and skip everyone. I imagine if you miss a bingo day or don't plan to play them all just show up for sign-up and ask for the green sheet to use next time. $10 value for free!

I don't remember any late night buffet but see attached Fun Times on this thread.

If you have a shore excursion you get priority tender and get to tender before everyone else.

166488727_20160210_162208(1).jpg.1f4e7d37d31b42c8c7a0ab48b327bfaa.jpg

20160207_155801.jpg.4841660238a7e5ed78bc2b1993b2946b.jpg

Edited by mudd_mickey

I have the FunTimes, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Debarkation information scanned into one nice and neat PDF but it's failing on the upload likely because it's 2M. I'll break it down tomorrow and attach to this thread tomorrow night.

That's sooo helpful and nice of you!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Tendering Process for grand cayman - I have FTTF I would like to be on the first tender if possible

We had FTTF on our Paradise Cruise Feb. 1. The night before Grand Cayman, when we got back to our cabin, there was an info sheet explaining priority tendering. We were to meet in a specific lounge on promenade (can't remember which one) anytime between 9 and 11. When we got in there, a crew member led us down to get on the tender.