Breeze Fun Times

shipbound2

The fun times is now smaller, which is fine with me, maybe because of the hub app and it saves paper, now I wish they would stop with all the ads! ;) The app was GREAT and easy to use It has been a while since I posted :-O I will try to remember how to upload a pic - do u still need to upload the pic to a photo site and copy and paste the url?

The app is free but there is a charge for the wi-fi plans (see info for both Wi-fi and Hub app below). The plans start at $5/day but there is a flat fee per cruise as well. For instance, if choose the Social plan on a 6 day cruise it's $25 instead of $30.

Carnival HUB APP

What does the Carnival HUB app do?

The following features are available at the touch of your fingertips, for your entire cruise while on board your Carnival ship.

What's Happening: A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events, available for the full cruise as soon as you embark! Includes a “favorites” feature that also allows guests to see which events their sailing companions will attend.

Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options and dining-related events, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board.

Deck Plans: Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.

Account Balance: Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.

Onboard Chat Access: The opportunity to chat with family & friends on board all cruise long from the comfort of your deck chair (this feature currently limited to ages 13+).

Wi-fi

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships (with the exception of the Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit) now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

Going (again) on the Breeze this coming Saturday. If you have any questions that I can't answer from the last time, let me know and I should be able to provide.

Thank you so much for the information that you've already provided. It has been really helpful. It's been 5 years since my last cruise. Though my next one is still a little more than 16 months away, I feel like it will take me all of that time to relearn how things are done.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

Going (again) on the Breeze this coming Saturday. If you have any questions that I can't answer from the last time, let me know and I should be able to provide.

Since I will be on the Breeze on the 4/9/16 sailing posting a fun times would be great

Thanks

Gary

Just off the Breeze and the Fun Times have shrank from what they used to be. Everything is now on the HUB App. It is free to use once you board the ship. The app had more details than the fun times. Example missed tea time of the first sea day as it was not on the fun times but was on the app.

Just off the Breeze and the Fun Times have shrank from what they used to be. Everything is now on the HUB App. It is free to use once you board the ship. The app had more details than the fun times. Example missed tea time of the first sea day as it was not on the fun times but was on the app.

That's a bummer, it is the one week a year I actually detach from my phone.

That's a bummer, it is the one week a year I actually detach from my phone.

You know what, I didn't really think about that. A cruise is the one time that I am able to lock my phone away and just enjoy the company of people without being on my phone. On the other hand, I like how you can just isolate your favorite activities and attend those.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

so if we don't use it to text they don't charge anything? it would be good I guess for the other features sounds like we will add it to one of our phones then it would be nice to put those things away in the safe and go thru cell phone withdrawal lol I worked for sbc which is at&t for 30 years so people who retired from there don't like to be on phone much anyway we hate long conversations on the phone

Do you have a copy for any of the days you could post by chance? Leaving Sunday and have been on the Breeze before but things have changed. Thanks

The 5.00 dollars is if you want to text your family and friends while on board but the app is free to use. I like to disconnect while on vacation but I did not mind using it.