Just off the Escape! Answering a few questions

jewliana

Hi everyone!! Since you guys were invaluable while I was doing research for this trip I wanted to come back and answer a few of the things that have been discussed.

First if all it was a fantastic cruise! Service was top notch everywhere...well of course except guest services but that's another story and didnt spoil our cruise :-)

First concern.........Motion has really been discussed. We drove to Walgreen's on the way to the port because it was cold, windy..winds to be 28mph with higher gusts for the sail away.

No problem! She handled the waves beautifully! We were in a mini suite 9 midship which is a nice location but we also dined at Cagneys (at the very back of the boat and never felt any excess motion.

Does she creak? Yes she does! LOL...all night...but nothing we couldn't handle..it was a little creak here and there but pretty continual but not real loud. So, it was nothing that took away from our experience.

We were in room 9790 starboard right over the 5 o'clock somewhere bar. The first night as we were going past that venue on our way to bed my husband and I looked at each other...gulping...Ear shattering noise was coming from it and the doors were shut! YIKES!! So we go up stairs and when we get in our cabin, shut the door, It is a very muffled bass sound very soft...VERY unbelievable for the noise that was emitting from it! LOL!! I love good surprises!! Also, they shut down 12 or 12:30 so not at all bad. We went to sleep around 11:30p several nights and it didnt bother me at all and usually if there are random noises it can be difficult for me to get to sleep.

Thats all I can think of for now to add to the amazing info already here!

I am just off the Escape today as well. I agree the service was fantastic. I do have to disagree about the motion. I personally did not get sick, but my friend who is prone to motion sickness did get sick. You can very evidently feel the motion all throughout the ship. Pretty much anyone I talked to on the ship agreed that motion can be felt on this ship more than others. It is very unfortunate, because the Escape is a beautiful vessel.

The Brat pack show was cancelled. There is a new show with Nadeen, a comedy hypnotist. Awesome show!! You will need reservations also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did you have to rebook the reservation or did your Brat Pack reservation automatically transfer to the replacement show?

Thanks!

Did you have to rebook the reservation or did your Brat Pack reservation automatically transfer to the replacement show?

Thanks!

Brat pack show was refunded to your on board account. . So i ended the cruise with negative balance.

I guess motion, like food, is one of those subjective things. We were amazed at how little motion we felt. We were in an aft penthouse suite on deck 9 (9918) and while there was SOME motion at night, it wasn't excessive. It was one of the few times we've been on a ship, and didn't see people "pin balling" from one wall to the other when walking down the corridor. It's a great ship with some minor flaws, but no more then any ship we've sailed on. (The water slides were a blast for this 54 year old)

I guess motion, like food, is one of those subjective things. We were amazed at how little motion we felt. We were in an aft penthouse suite on deck 9 (9918) and while there was SOME motion at night, it wasn't excessive. It was one of the few times we've been on a ship, and didn't see people "pin balling" from one wall to the other when walking down the corridor. It's a great ship with some minor flaws, but no more then any ship we've sailed on. (The water slides were a blast for this 54 year old)

I agree.. it affects people differently. I had one night where I could really feel it.. other than that.. it was pretty comparable to other ships. It does seem to pick up the wind a little more than other ships.. as in there is a bit more a slight sway but I found it almost soothing at night.

Overall though... it certainly didn't feel "worse" than other ships I've been on.. just not better. I will concede there was more creaking sounds than I remember hearing on other ships.. but it might have only been because I was listening for it. :p

I will be on deck 9. I hear there is a white roof under the balconies on deck 9 from the waterfront roof. Is this very noticible or an eyesore or did you not really notice it? Thank you.

There is a white extension that goes out several feet from your balcony. It didnt bother us. It doesnt interfere with your view looking outward but of course you cannot see straight down.

Below is a photo I took in Nassau that shows it

8hnJXkd-UuXZ32LAMIabFj26DSsg6EulV7wlqj9XFV0?size=1024x768&size_mode=3

2016-01-29%2017.12.58.jpg?dl=0

Thanks!

We got notice on day 1 of the cancellation of the For the Record shows for the entire week due to a cast member injury. The cover fee or upcharge was credited back to our accounts. I think they substituted last minute shows in this venue for those nights, but most were without dinner and you had to book them yourself. Too bad whoever they contract this show with cannot provide another cast member so that the "show can go on". Poor planning. Isn't this the second time this has happened?

Another "show" glitch was for the After Midnight show in the theatre. We lined up early and waited and waited for entry into the theatre. Finally, they announced that the show was cancelled due to "technical issues" well after show time. I don't know why we had to stand in the halls, chokeing the stair and elevator accesses for well over an hour while they sorted this out rather than in the comfort of a chair Inside the theatre.:confused:. We received notice in our cabins that it was rescheduled to the following night and luckily our schedule that night was open. The irony was that the show was Sooooo bad that we ended up sneaking out anyway. I felt bad about it, but this is a show which is not ready for prime time.

Edited by punkincc

I will be in escape in June with family. I have two balcony rooms on deck 9. They are 9728 and 9726. I wanted to take a hammock and put in on one of the balconies. Based on what you saw in your balcony do you think this is possible?

We got notice on day 1 of the cancellation of the For the Record shows for the entire week due to a cast member injury. The cover fee or upcharge was credited back to our accounts. I think they substituted last minute shows in this venue for those nights, but most were without dinner and you had to book them yourself. Too bad whoever they contract this show with cannot provide another cast member so that the "show can go on". Poor planning. Isn't this the second time this has happened?

Another "show" glitch was for the After Midnight show in the theatre. We lined up early and waited and waited for entry into the theatre. Finally, they announced that the show was cancelled due to "technical issues" well after show time. I don't know why we had to stand in the halls, chokeing the stair and elevator accesses for well over an hour while they sorted this out rather than in the comfort of a chair Inside the theatre.:confused:. We received notice in our cabins that it was rescheduled to the following night and luckily our schedule that night was open. The irony was that the show was Sooooo bad that we ended up sneaking out anyway. I felt bad about it, but this is a show which is not ready for prime time.

We felt the same way about that show and I walked out too. I also filled out a comment card. They definitely need to scrap that one. I didn't talk to anyone that liked it.

Is Margartitaville restaurant an upcharge? I heard they changed it and it is now a cost. We were on the Getaway last year and had the time of our lives!! But, now booked in late May on Escape this year for hubbie's graduation. Has anyone been on both and can compare the two ships? Joel was the CD on Getaway and he was absolutely INCREDIBLE!! Can anyone recommend the MUST DO Specialty dining on the Escape? We are only planning on one or two specialty nights. Also, is the Brat Pack show still going?

I will be in escape in June with family. I have two balcony rooms on deck 9. They are 9728 and 9726. I wanted to take a hammock and put in on one of the balconies. Based on what you saw in your balcony do you think this is possible?

When we went on Getaway last year, we had a balcony. It did not seem big enough for a hammock, in my opinion. But, it might be nice to have on the beach in port!!

The Brat pack show was cancelled. There is a new show with Nadeen, a comedy hypnotist. Awesome show!! You will need reservations also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is the Brat Pack show cancelled for good?

Is the Brat Pack show cancelled for good?

For the 1-23 cruise it was cancelled for the entire week due to injury. There is currently a live report from the ship of the 1-30 cruise, and it appears to be back on the schedule. I would check that thread.

Edited by punkincc

I am just off the Escape today as well. I agree the service was fantastic. I do have to disagree about the motion. I personally did not get sick, but my friend who is prone to motion sickness did get sick. You can very evidently feel the motion all throughout the ship. Pretty much anyone I talked to on the ship agreed that motion can be felt on this ship more than others. It is very unfortunate, because the Escape is a beautiful vessel.

I was on the ship with you last week, and I have to say the motion was about the same as any other ship I have been on. I have seen much calmer sea conditions than we had. Sometimes the seas are like glass, sometimes not.

If someone is prone to motion sickness, it is good to remember that a ship floats on water, and water is not stationary. The ship is going to move. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on sea and weather. Very little of it has anything to do with the ship.

We felt the same way about that show and I walked out too. I also filled out a comment card. They definitely need to scrap that one. I didn't talk to anyone that liked it.

The quality of the singing, dancing, musicians was impeccable. I was blown away. The show itself might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't take away from the talent that I was happy to experience.

The quality of the singing, dancing, musicians was impeccable. I was blown away. The show itself might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't take away from the talent that I was happy to experience.

As I said, I thought I would love this show. I can't fault some of the singers, they appeared to be very good. But the dancing was really sub par, IMO. Not in unison at all. And the choreography would win no awards. 4 guys front to back, hopping. I could do that. They looked like the first week of rehearsals. I expected to see some first class musicians showcased as would have been the case in the real Cotton Club. They might as well have piped the music in. The band was totally boring and wasted. This was a great idea for a show, but it never was made to it's full potential. It was sort of like watching a talent show will a bunch of totally unrelated songs and dances.

My advice, sit near the door.