Rent -a-tux?

I think it was something like $75 for the tux and shoes when we sailed on Explorer last November. After that, I decided to go out and buy my own tux. Most formal wear shops will sell formaly rented tuxes for around $75 to $100. New tuxes can be purchased for around $200 and up, depending on what kind of material you want and the designer. I ended up just purchasing a new tux. After this cruise, it will be paid for if I had kept on just renting a tux for each cruise.

It really just depends on how often you plan on cruising as to whether it's better to purchase or rent. If you're only going to cruise once in a blue moon, then I'd rent the tux and save the space in packing for other things. If you're planning on cruising yearly or more frequently, then purchasing a tux might be the best option. Of course, if you can find a good formaly rented tux for close the the same price as renting one would be, then I'd recommend purchasing. You never know when you just might have the occasion to wear a tux, rare though it may be.

Archived