Cheers and Cruise Cash Bar

abitaturbodog

I want to use my Carnival Mastercard points to purchase Cruise Cash Bar for the Cheers program. My questions is, can I apply the Cruise Cash Bar to my account prior to sailing, and then use the certificate to purchase the Cheers program online through the Carnival website?

(Also, purchasing just Cruise Cash is not an option, because I don't have enough points to meet the Cruise Cash minimum purchase)

I don't have an answer regarding using Cruise Cash Bar for Cheers, however I can tell you what we did around our Carnival Mastercard points. We didn't use our points to get any credits prior to the cruise because that was not the best use of our points. We did however pay off our Sail and Sign account with our Mastercard since Carnival purchases return double points and once back home we used our points to cash in credits to apply to our bill. That was a better use and strategy for our points and money at least for us.

• 2 years later...

Is it better to purchase a cash bar credit or get the cheers package? As you have to pay for cheers package 7days you’re cruising but we might not want to drink all those days, so want to know if better to buy a cruise cash bar

Cruise cash is only available to use onboard. Once you are on the ship you cannot purchase it online. Why not just charge Cheers to your card now and “erase” the purchase with your points?

Nevermind. I see this thread was resurrected from over 2 years ago [emoji849]