Altun Ha and Belize Zoo together?

WestSideDrew

We're stopping in Belize on our Western Caribbean cruise in April. We have two kids (9 & 6), who unfortunately aren't strong swimmers, which rules out snorkeling. And as cool as tubing sounds to me, my wife is concerned that the 8-year-old age limit imposed by the cruise line is there for a reason. After much deliberation, I think our best excursion choice might be the Belize Zoo or Altun Ha.

I've read some people suggest that it's possible to combine these into a single excursion through a private Belizean operator. Have any of you done this? Can you recommend a legitimate operator? There are 4 of us, but that could possibly be as many as 8, if other members of our party join us.

I'd love your thoughts!

We're stopping in Belize on our Western Caribbean cruise in April. We have two kids (9 & 6), who unfortunately aren't strong swimmers, which rules out snorkeling. And as cool as tubing sounds to me, my wife is concerned that the 8-year-old age limit imposed by the cruise line is there for a reason. After much deliberation, I think our best excursion choice might be the Belize Zoo or Altun Ha.

I've read some people suggest that it's possible to combine these into a single excursion through a private Belizean operator. Have any of you done this? Can you recommend a legitimate operator? There are 4 of us, but that could possibly be as many as 8, if other members of our party join us.

I'd love your thoughts!

I've done a combination of the Belize Zoo and Cave Tubing before. There was never a problem with time or anything. You can arrange your tour with waytogotoursbelize.com they are very reliable and i've used them more than once on my trip to Belize. They can customize your tour to suit your liking. I have a Lamanai Tour booked with them at the ending of March that im looking forward to :)