Grand Cayman...Turtle Farm

csunshine860

Wondering if better to book this directly with the farm or through CCL. Will be in GC Feb 29th. We are on the glory. If booking directly do they offer pickup and drop off at the pier or is one to get there on their own. Any info regarding this excursion greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

We did the turtle farm through carnival last may. It was our 1st cruise and our 1st port. Our 10y.o. had a blast! I loved the lagoon snorkeling. My fiance freaked out when something brushed against her leg, soooo she then enjoyed the little water park. All the turtle stuff was so cool and great. But, the hidden gem, was the lunch. I believe there is a with or without lunch option. We are amatuer "foodies" and everything was HUH-MAZING!! But, yes, they pick you up, drop you off and you still have a little time to troll the port shopping. Have fun!!

I did the turtle farm a couple years ago on a cruise I took solo. Did a morning dive through carnival and then walked around a found a spot for lunch and then took the city bus(cheaper than taxi) to the other side of the island and spent the afternoon at the sea turtle farm. You don't have to go with a group to get in. Just show up. It was $16 for the day pass to go in and interact with the turtles. And the city bus is really a system of 15 passenger vans that flash their lights at pedestrians. If you wave they stop. It cost $2.50 to go from one end of the island to the other and i thought it was more fun than any pre planned organized excursion. But that is just the way I like it. Everyone's got their own preference.

We did the turtle farm with our six kids in tow. We had cruised several times and this time did the excursion thing on our own. I booked directly on the turtle farm website and got a 20% discount. I am not sure if they do that promo all the time. Rather than take a taxi if you walk a couple of blocks from where the tender drops you off you can catch a bus for only $2.50 each way. It was super easy and saved us a lot of money.

We were there last February, it was so much fun loved swimming around with the turtles. We did the turtle farm/ swim with the sting ray combo directly through Carnival. It was a little rushed on time wish we had the whole day there great place, we had our two kids with us.