Shore excursion? DRFalls

cwbabe48

We are booked to take the Shore excursion sponsored tour to Dunns River Falls/ Bamboo Beach Break. I am having 2nd thoughts, please, can anyone give me an honest opinion. My DH wanted to do this but I am not up to doing the falls. I would like to watch, and hang out on the beach, anyone done this recently.

Thanks

We are booked to take the Shore excursion sponsored tour to Dunns River Falls/ Bamboo Beach Break. I am having 2nd thoughts, please, can anyone give me an honest opinion. My DH wanted to do this but I am not up to doing the falls. I would like to watch, and hang out on the beach, anyone done this recently.

Thanks

We did Dunns River Falls last February. We didn't book an excursion through Celebrity, we just found a group that was going when we got off the ship. I can't remember the exact cost, but it was approximately $30 p/p which included transportation and entrance into the park. Everyone pays whether they are climbing or not.

There are two choices for the climb. One of them is more difficult than the other and you can choose which one you want to do. Three of us did the more difficult climb and one person did not climb at all. If you are not climbing, there are several places that you can stop to watch and get photos etc.

There is a beach at the bottom of the falls, but we didn't find it to be too enticing. No facilities close by, no chairs or umbrellas and lots of seaweed along the shore. After we finished our climb, we enjoyed a quick beer and headed back to the ship for lunch.

One other thing to note is that you are forced to walk through the market when you are leaving the park and the vendor's are VERY aggressive.

Enjoy your cruise :D