FV Cabin

chazalez

we are going on a Connie cruise in an FV cabin and I asked many many questions here so I can summarize all the info. Deck 9 can be potentially noisy. If it is a warm climate, you will have people above you in the evening. There will most likely also be a guitar player or other music which is actually nice because you can sit on your veranda and listen. Also, most likely there will be noise from the crew in the wee hours of the morning while they push heavy furniture around in preparation for the next day. Most people advised to take a lower deck FV if possible. The other thing they said is that if only deck 9 FVs were available they would take that over another type of cabin. Personally, I did not want to deal with the noise and I had 9196 with a downpayment. I kept checking the X site and another corner FV (larger wrap around veranda on the corners) opened up on deck 7 and I grabbed it. This would be my personal advice. With kids travelling with us, we couldn't afford to be sleep deprived or woken up by noise in the middle of the night. Some people who have stayed on deck 9 claim to not hear the noise or say it is not a big deal. Guess it just depends how deep you sleep and how important that is to you. Otherwise, all FV cabins seem to be the cabin of choice for many on this board. I will find out in July!

We were on deck 9 just a few doors down from an FV (9199) which we checked out since we will have that FV cabin on an upcoming cruise. People in the cabin said they heard no noise, and in fact throughout the cruise the outdoor part of the Grill on Deck 10 was used very little. As far as the guitar player, people we know in a deck 7 FV also heard the music. So, while a lower deck may be preferable, if all you can get is on deck 9, it doesn't sound like it should be too bad. The non-corner FVs on deck 9 also had good cover from the deck above. The one thing that did not appeal to us too much about the corner FVs was that the sides of the balcony were all metal, whereas the other balconies are clear and you have better view of water if that matters to you. That's just a matter of personal preferance - otherwise the corner FVs are supposed to be a little larger.

My husband, adult daughter, and I stayed in Cabin 9197. I loved being on Deck 9. We did not think that it was noisy in the morning. The corner cabin verandah is awesome. We loved sitting on our verandah, listening to the guitar player every evening before dinner. Also, it is only one floor below the food, etc, so it was easy to run up the back stairs, get something to eat and then run down have a treat while sitting on the verandah. We had 3 chaise lounges, and a table and 3 chairs out there. I would not be reluctant to take thgis cabin.

[email]loranfa@aol.com[/email]

Just have to put my 2 cents in here too! We had FV 7201 on the Summit in Feb. We could hear the music plain as day on Deck 7! It was never any problem. Our friends who were actually in 9197, were never bothered with any noise from above up above on deck 10. On the Millie, we're in 9197 & those same friends are booked in 9156, the opposite corner!!!

Great cabins!! You will not be disappointed with any FV, but don't be afraid of deck 9, the view is the best!!!

Rosie
E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

Hi Rosie,

We're headed to Alaska 8/27 in FV 7204 with two adults and two teens. How did you like the sofabeds? Was there a fridge in the room? A clock? Overall comments, please!

Thank you.

Archived