Flight Delays/Missing the cruise

gethin90

Hi, sorry if this thread has been done to death in the past.

We are flying from Gatwick to Rome on the 23/04/16. Departing Gatwick at 07:20 GMT. Arriving in Rome (local time) 11:00 a.m.

Cruise Departs 17:00 (local time). 40 Minute Private Transfer and say 40 minutes-1 hour to clear customs/obtain bags.

There was no possibility of us flying the day before due to us getting married and going straight onto our honeymoon (this cruise).

I am, as you can imagine slightly worried as we only have a 4 hour window give or take for any delays etc.

We booked the flight, cruise and private transfers direct with RCI.

My question is: If the worse case scenario does occur and we miss the cruise in Rome would we be solely responsible for getting a flight to Siciliy (the next destination) and paying for it or would a RCI representative put these wheels in motion and get us a different flight/cover the cost etc as we booked the whole package through them directly?

Just would like to know if anyone has been in this situation before as it is slightly concerning me. In an ideal world we would have traveled the day before but time was against us with the wedding.

Could someone put my mind to rest? Thanks for your help in advance.

Since you booked air with Royal, then if a flight delay or cancellation caused you to miss the ship, they should arrange (and pay) for you to catch the ship at the next possible port. Note that they will be the ones that decide which is the next possible port.

I would make sure you have their emergency phone number handy, and make sure that phone number works outside the UK.

Brilliant, thanks both. I will defiantly be keeping their number handy.

I would imagine it would be in their best interest to get us flown to Sicily for the next day as the day later would be a day at sea and then Turkey the day after.

Fingers crossed neither of this has to happen, but thanks for putting my mind to rest.