RCI credit card?

kingtns

Just wondering, I have enough points to get the robes...I won't be sailing RCI this year (Crown Princess) so I'm accumulating lot's of points, but if I get the robes will I be back to square 0 or can I keep going towards room credits...ect.

Thanks!!

Robes cost 5000 points and are delivered to your cabin the night you board. At first we were disappointed in the robes but once we washed them they are perfect. They are a lightweight waffel robe, perfect for summer or the caribbean. It is my favorite robe at home and I have one of the volur ones you use in suites too, this is much cooler.

You can convert your points into as many awards you want. For example if you have 23,000 points you can redeem then for the Robes (5000pts), Two $50 cabin credits (10000pts), Onboard Picnic for 2 (5000pts) all on a single cruise and still have points left.

You have 5 years to use points and 6 months to send in the certificates once you order them from MBNA. For the above transaction you would ask for three 5,000 point certificates and one 10,000 points certificate.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We have been piling up points for a March 2006 cruise. When do we have to redeem them, in order to use them on this cruise? I have never redeemed any of our points, as we didn't get the cards until after our last cruise, so I'm not really sure how the system works.:confused:

We have been piling up points for a March 2006 cruise. When do we have to redeem them, in order to use them on this cruise? I have never redeemed any of our points, as we didn't get the cards until after our last cruise, so I'm not really sure how the system works.:confused:

You call MBNA and ask for the certificates you need. Once you get them (usually about a week) you fill out the certificate checking off the box you are redeeming the points for. If your redeeming 15,000 points but are picking 3 things in the 5,000 level ask for three 5,000 point certificates. MAKE COPIES! Then mail them to Royal in Wichita. AFter 2 weeks or so you can call Royal and verify that they have been applied to your booking. The certificates expire 6 months after you request them so don't call and get them unless you have a cruise booked. You don't have to be within 6 months of your cruise but if you redeem them then decide not to take the cruise you loose the points, they are not refuned back to you.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You call MBNA and ask for the certificates you need. Once you get them (usually about a week) you fill out the certificate checking off the box you are redeeming the points for. If your redeeming 15,000 points but are picking 3 things in the 5,000 level ask for three 5,000 point certificates. MAKE COPIES! Then mail them to Royal in Wichita. AFter 2 weeks or so you can call Royal and verify that they have been applied to your booking. The certificates expire 6 months after you request them so don't call and get them unless you have a cruise booked. You don't have to be within 6 months of your cruise but if you redeem them then decide not to take the cruise you loose the points, they are not refuned back to you.

BonVoyage

Dawna

What is the number at MBNA?

What is the number at MBNA?

I dont have the number in front of me,but if you do a search there were a couple of extensive threads on the MBNA program including the number for MBNA and RCCL MBNA reservation line.

If I'm understanding your question correctly the answer is that once you redeem your 5,000 for a robe you can't use that 5,000 again toward a cruise! Only one redemption per point. So if you'd rather be saving for a cruise don't redeem any points for robes. Got it?

If I'm understanding your question correctly the answer is that once you redeem your 5,000 for a robe you can't use that 5,000 again toward a cruise! Only one redemption per point. So if you'd rather be saving for a cruise don't redeem any points for robes. Got it?

Thank you, that is what I meant!!!

Thanks for everyones reply!

We accumulated our points until last years Spring Break cruise. We used them for ship board credit and got $850.00 taken off our sea pass folio (5 people on it) So our bill for the end of the cruise was only about $400.00!!! Usually we are in the thousand dollars or over range so it was awesome not to have to come home to a huge charge on our credit card!

Just one point to clarify......mostly for others. Previous posters are correct, points can accumulate for 5 years........HOWEVER, once points are redeemed the certificates must be used within 1 year. Not sure if this means sailing date within one year or booking date within one year. Anyway......don't get them TOO early. :)

We redeemed and applied THREE seperate batches, all for shipboard credit on our cruise earlier this year.

Archived