empress of the seas?

Could somebody give me some information on this ship? They have a Southern that I really want to go on,however, this is a first cruise for us and my husband is concerned that it's such a small ship. I feel that since this is our first time it won't be that big a deal to us. We also have a child with Down Syndrome and I'm wondering if this might be better for her. Smaller, a less traveled itinerary, less crowded ports.

We're looking at doing this right after Christmas in a year.

What would ya'll do?

Thanks in advance for your help

My husband and I have done biggest to smallest and back. We did the Empress in Dec. and loved that cruise. The itinerary is one of the best. It will keep you so busy during the day, you will not need all the extras of a larger ship. You will probably enjoy just relaxing more at night. The cabins are smaller than the newer ships unless you get the suites or the JS with the balcony. They are about the size of a deluxe cabin on other ships. The staff and food were very good. It was one of our best cruises. We plan on doing that cruise again in the future.

You can see the cabins here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do;jsessionid=0000pDk5cBDqYTDSl-ee4KqgJd9:10ktmf25f?cabincls=D&br=R&shipCode=NE

Click on the name under each picture and it will tell you size and all the details.

If that is the cruise you like, by all means take it.

We did that Ship in May. Even though she is small she is very pretty. The shops and centrium area is nicer on that than some of the bigger ones, I think. The dining room is one of my favorites. Smaller means less people which is nice. The rooms are tiny, but manageable. Very easy to navigate your way around the ship. I really enjoyed it. I think you would be happy.

Archived