Royal Princess aft on marina deck ?

Lovetravel101

I am thinking of booking an aft cabin on the Royal Princess. I am wondering if anyone has recent experience on the Marina deck aft cabins.

Is soot still an issue?

What is the space beside M727?

Is there a door on that balcony?

Is that balcony extra wide?

Thanks in avance.

Good Morning,

We returned from a week on Regal, 1/10-17. We were in M727 which i believe to be identical to Royal M727.

We noticed the doorway in the hall but it was always closed. I never saw it opened nor did we hear any noise from it.

Due to comments on these boards, I did examine the balcony each day for soot. On two mornings, I did find just a few specks of soot on the table top. Presumably, there may have been some on the balcony deck flooring as well but I did not search that far.

This cabin is a standard balcony in layout and furnishings. The balcony was approximately 9' X 12'. It was completely uncovered and just below the bar outside the Horizon Grill on 16. Folks standing at the rail could just as easily look down at you as well as the horizon.

We did occasionally hear some noise from chairs and tables being moved around above us. It was not a big deal to us.

We received this cabin assignment after reserving a balcony guarantee. As such, I believe M727 is the highest balcony classification, premium deluxe aft. However, if picking a cabin, we would not select cabins in the upper decks on the aft of the ship due to tobacco smoke.

While on the balcony, we could occasionally smell tobacco smoke being blown down from the designated smoking area on deck 17, aft. Likewise, we could frequently smell smoke in the aft stairs on the upper decks when going to and fro. For my wife this is a deal breaker. Although grateful to Princess for the nice cabin, we will avoid this area of the ship when selecting our own cabin.

Hope this helps. Post again if you have a question I did not address.

Steve

Soot is and will be a problem on the Royal and Regal until design changes are implemented. The ship's crew washes down the back end of the ship every night to remove the soot.

Edited by georgiavol