Does anyone sail on the Glory??

R&K in NC

I see alot of post about other ships but not much about the Glory. We are going on Glory on 2-4-06 and there does not seem to be much out there. She is not really an old ship. Just wondering what the eastern is like that time of year. We did a western in January last time and it was great to get away from the cold weather. The time was picked by my husband since he wanted to spend superbowl sunday on a ship. I made that mistake last time and he loved the party onboard so he said that we needed to go during superbowl. (Last time was with RCCL) Is the Glory an okay ship?

I've been cruising the Glory every 4 or 5 months since I first sailed on her 17 months ago. Of all the Carnival ships I've sailed, she is my favorite. This ship is better than okay - it is FABULOUS!!! Best food, most comfortable ship hands down in my opinion.

The Eastern in Feb is great. Magens Bay in St. Thomas and Divi Little Bay in St. Marten are excellent beaches if you like to hit the beach. While the ship offers trips to both, I prefer to catch a cab myself - then I can spend all the time I want there.

If you have any specific questions about the Glory or the itinerary, let me know. If I don't know, I'll check it out next week when I go on her for the 5th time.

One suggestion that I do want to share with you, make sure you are in the forward dining room (Golden dining room). The aft dining room (Platinum dining room) often has the vibration from the ship's propellers. If you find upon embarkation that you are assigned to the Platinum, my first stop would be in the Golden...ask the maitre'd to switch you to that room. I personally prefer to sit on the upper level because I don't necessarily enjoy being in the middle of all the parade activity, etc. And, the upper level just seems more relaxed overall. Again, this is just my preference though. I know several folks who were fighting to get on the lower level.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the info. Our room is on the upper deck over the aft lounge. Our PVP said that he has stayed in this room and you can not hear what is going on in the lounge at night. Do you know what plays in that lounge? I am a pretty heavy sleeper so we booked this room since it had an extra long balcony. Also, we are a bit nervous about booking shore tours outside of Carnival but they really do not offer much for Island tours on St. Thomas so we thought about Sunny Liston since we can shop, sightsee, and do the beach. I am not much for shopping myself just want to pick up a couple of little things for the nieces.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hi! We're on the Glory 2/4/06, too! The Glory reviews seem to come in streaks. None, then several at once.

We asked for the platinum dining room because it has windows on 3 sides. Sunsets that time of year will be around 6:15 so it would be nice with 3 sets of windows.

We're going on the snorkeling catamaran - barefoot sailing in Nassau, with Godfrey in St. Thomas, and we're doing the Carnival excursion- America's Race in the morning, and Joyce Prince's tour of the island on St. Maartin.

We're really looking forward to our first cruise.

We just returned Saturday from sailing on the Glory Eastern route. We had a great time and loved the ship. The food was excellent and, everyone was very friendly. We were in the platium dining room and felt vibtration one time but, it did not last very long. The back lounge has a rock group in it but, I,m not sure how much you might hear. We were in the back also, but we were up on the Empress deck. We wanted to go to Sapphire Beach in St Thomas, but the weather was bad, so we mostly shopped at the pier. On St Martin we went to Orient Beach, and it was nice, but, you may see some topless sun bathers, so, if that bothers you, you should plan something else. It is very easy to catch a taxi in either place if you decide to go out on your own. Enjoy your cruise. I would not hesitate to go on the Glory again. I think you will enjoy it. Have a great cruise. Wish I could go again.

For Cruisemates..since you just returned..Do you recall where the Glory docked in St Thomas? Was it Havensight or the port on the other side of downtown? We've been to both and prefer Havensight...still can walk downtown if we choose and seems less congested...

Hi LakeErieLady

I am glad to finally hear that someone else is on the ship I was beginning to think I was the only one booked.

We had some friends going at the end of the month and one group is going to tour with Godfrey in St Thomas. I thought that I might wait till they got back to see what they thought. They have a couple of excursions scheduled so we were going to wait for reviews.

I hope that we do not hear to much rock (bass) in our room but I will take the ear plugs just in case their is alot of noise. We decided to take the chance with noise to have the extra long balconies. I also like to expect the worst then I will not be disappointed and actually be pleased if it is not bad. We are pretty easy people to make happy so as long as we are on the ship who cares.

I know that the eastern has been having a little rough weather lately. Does anyone know about the weather (rough seas) in February. I have been on two western and neither made me sick but I hear the eastern is a little rough since in the open.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

We sailed the Glory in early April and absolutely loved Port Canaveral and the ship. We did the western itinerary and it was wonderful. Would sail the Glory again in a heartbeat and feel it was the best of our other 4 Carnival cruises. We were in the Golden Dining Room (by the lobby) which was so convenient. For the first time, we had early seating which was at 6:15. We have always requested late but this time decided to try it and always finished dinner within 15 minutes or so of the early show. With the lounge right there by the dining room, it was perfect. Our room was on upper deck near the forward elevators. Great spot and we loved our room and balcony. Ordered room service coffee every morning. Just left the tag out the night before. Always arrived between 7-7:15 a.m. Yes, there will be lots of people and lines but we tried not to eat breakfast or lunch right at 8:00 a.m. or noon. Depending on the day whether you are in port or not will determine the busy times. Breakfast didn't seem to be as crowded but lunch time was hectic. Just wait until 12:30 or so and you'll be fine. The chocolate buffet is sinful but good! There was a lounge near the piano bar (had Africian theme) that was wonderful. We went there most every night where an Asian band played lots of 60-70's music. They were fabulous and lots of people danced which was great. Their schedule wasn't always late so you could hear them before dinner or after if you chose not to attend the night time show. If you are interested in photos, wait until the last formal night. They were offering a package deal on the dining room photos. I think it was 1 8X 10, 5 X 7 and some wallets for $10-12. Good deal for cruise ship photos. We just picked them up the next night. We used the spa a few times and it's really nice. Attended several of the free classes and found the spa prices to go down as the week went on especially on port days. The Glory isn't as glitzy as other Carnival ships but it's very beautiful and classy but not stuffy and still Carnival style! You'll have a great time! Enjoy!

I've been cruising the Glory every 4 or 5 months since I first sailed on her 17 months ago. Of all the Carnival ships I've sailed, she is my favorite. This ship is better than okay - it is FABULOUS!!! Best food, most comfortable ship hands down in my opinion.

The Eastern in Feb is great. Magens Bay in St. Thomas and Divi Little Bay in St. Marten are excellent beaches if you like to hit the beach. While the ship offers trips to both, I prefer to catch a cab myself - then I can spend all the time I want there.

If you have any specific questions about the Glory or the itinerary, let me know. If I don't know, I'll check it out next week when I go on her for the 5th time.

:)

We are cruising Glory in Mar. '06. Stateroom # 8425. I booked that particular cabin because of the location near the restaurant & Lido food bars. My hubby has a problem walking very far :(. Heart condition....

I wonder if we will be able to hear noise from deck above :confused: Would appreciate input.

Thanks,

Luv's Crusin

We were in the upper deck also above the loung I think in room 6229, my 6 year old just refreshed my memory, and it was only this past August. We could hear everything from the lounge below. It did not bother us much, but we are not that picky either. I could see where it may get on someones nerves. The ship is wonderful, enjoy your cruise

We were in the upper deck also above the loung I think in room 6229, my 6 year old just refreshed my memory, and it was only this past August. We could hear everything from the lounge below. It did not bother us much, but we are not that picky either. I could see where it may get on someones nerves. The ship is wonderful, enjoy your cruise

Luv's Cruisin -

I've written your cabin number down and will make a trip or two past it to see what I hear. My guess is that you won't hear anything but I'll check out what I can about it. I'll check back in on the 23rd or there-abouts.

We sailed on the Glory Last July and are returning on the same ship this year....It was wonderful !!!!!

Its a very colorful ship, but not all glitty like some of the other ships...We enjoyed the crew members on this ship very much...They were wonderful, and made the week fantastic for all ...We just hope that they will be on board this year when we sail in April...

The food was excellent...We love the formal dining, being able to taste different foods you normally would be afraid to order somewhere else...

Anyone sailing on the Glory, It is a good choice....Having cruising!!

I have probably read about 60 reviews over the past few weeks about the glory. I have went back on threads looking for info on the GLORY. To my amazement I CANT find any bad comments except for the occasional sewer smell. I cant wait to sail the Glory, I cant for this wonderful food I keep hearing about.

:) Our family of four sailed the Glory to the Eastern Carribean July 05.

The ship was wonderful!! AAA/Carnival upgraded us to the SPA deck with

floor to ceiling window that was fabulous! Mr. Price the cruise director

was hilarious!! The food at the lunch buffet and dinner were incredible. The platnum dining room was outstanding with very attentive staff and execllent food. The scallops were to die for!

Make sure you get the fish&chips near the lido deck at lunch. The shows

were wonderful as the late night comedian very good. Some acts were unable to get to the ship due to hurricane Dennis, but the cruise director made up for it. Divi Little Bay at St. Maartin was the highlight of the entire trip.:) What a relaxing day at the beach. There is also a pool to use. We loved the calypso music being played for us. The sky and water were so blue it was unbelievable like a dream....

The ship was kept spotless and very glamorous. I would sail her again in a heartbeat. We enjoyed the whole experience from start to finish!

Glory July 05

Festival Sept 92

Holiday June 90

Jubilee May 89

Archived