Getaway experts...... Tips?

kaultra

Since you are on "parent only" time, I would recommend to get a Vibe Pass or even a Cabana for the week at the Vibe Beach Club.

You can't book them in advance. So you Need to go to the reception right after check in it. Those passes are "first come,first serve" Basis.

I did it on Epic and it was worth the money

Now you raised more questions :p

What is the cost of the Vibe pass?

What is special about the Vibe area?

Is there any shade?

That is great news! What is the main show in the theatre now? Not still Legally Blonde, I hope.

Just off Getaway on Sunday and yes Legally Blonde is still playing. It was good but not great. It's about 30 minutes too long, in my opinion. We went to the 10:15 show and half of us in our group were asleep during the show. It didn't end until about 11:45.

Howl at the Moon was great as always. The comedy acts were good. Burn the Floor was very good, I don't know how they have that much energy for the entire show. Or favorite MDR was Tropicana Room as they had live entertainment every night and our waiter Ellison was exceptional the first night so we asked for him every night that we ate there after that. We tried all of the MDR's plus Shanghai Noodle bar. All were good but Tropicana was great! Our favorite bar/lounge was Sugarcane outside on the Waterfront, great service, you could still hear the music through speakers outside and the night sky was amazing.

I am a first time NCL cruiser also :)

I am starting to understand that almost everything needs reservations - better to be prepared. We can always cancel if needed.

Can we book the comedy shows online before we get on the cruise?

For the dinner show, absolutely I would book it precruise. For the shows which are complimentry yet have a reservation option, you can try the stand by line about 10 minutes before showtime if you did not get a res. They will release the seats of any no shows about 10 till. I think many people change plans, and because there was no fee for the show, they don't even bother to cancel. There were always plenty of empty seats when we cruised the Escape recently.

You can book the comedy shows on embarkation day via the Iconcierge app, phone, tv, or box office. But they have the same stand by line option.

Edited by punkincc

The Vibe passes were $79 per person for the week or $299 for a cabana w/$100 food credit for 2 people for the week.

I would not recommend the cabana personally. If the sun is on that side of the ship there is no shade in them. There are plenty of lounges with umbrella's.

It is a private area where I think only 50 people get access to and no one under 18. There is a bar and 2 hot tubs. I never saw more than 20-25 people in there at one time when I was on in September. On most days the hot tubs were empty.

Our bartender Rommel said the group 2 weeks before us was crazy. The place was full and people were partying it up. YMMV.

We loved it!

Burn the floor is a must see.

Legally Blonde was good not great.

We went to the late comedy show one night and it was awful.

FYI, the main pool is adults only. There is a staff guy with a whistle who keeps children away (they are allowed in the hot tubs), he also keeps adults with drinks out of the pool. On our cruise there was constant live music by the pool which was great.

The Vibe passes were $79 per person for the week or $299 for a cabana w/$100 food credit for 2 people for the week.

I would not recommend the cabana personally. If the sun is on that side of the ship there is no shade in them. There are plenty of lounges with umbrella's.

It is a private area where I think only 50 people get access to and no one under 18. There is a bar and 2 hot tubs. I never saw more than 20-25 people in there at one time when I was on in September. On most days the hot tubs were empty.

Our bartender Rommel said the group 2 weeks before us was crazy. The place was full and people were partying it up. YMMV.

We loved it!

Burn the floor is a must see.

Legally Blonde was good not great.

We went to the late comedy show one night and it was awful.

Thanks for the info re: Vibe :)

I believe that Ocean Blue on the waterfront may be a thing of the past. We just got back today and it was never open during our cruise. We asked about it and were told that the adjacent kitchen only prepared sushi now. So sad -- we were looking forward to lobster rolls.

Do treat yourself to some gelato one day. It is fabulous. We tried the chocolate and the pink grapefruit sorbet and both were awesome.