ncl spirit cruise

lisa225

we will be cruising spirit 11 day cruise on 12/18. we have only cruised four times, three on rccl voyager class and one on princess as we were primarily "resort people" before we discovered the ease of cruising. we have a 14 yr. old and are a little concerned about ncl not having as much for young teeens as rccl. any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated. also, if anyone reading this is travelling on this same trip and has a young teen perhaps we can get together. rccl has great activities for all ages, but the food is usually average to mediocre and the overall service can run the gamut from fabulous to non existent! we are in a penthouse suite and i'm wondering if we will enjoy this line as there appears to be very diverse opinions about ncl. any help, information or tips will be greatly appreciated. if anyone wants to respond i will check this board or you can email me at lisa225@verizon.net. Thanks!

Hi Lisa225, We have a Roll Call for the 12/18 Spirit sailing, so please join us over in that section of Cruise Critic. There are a few teens, and I think a couple of 14 year olds going on this cruise also. We have a daughter,16 (shy of 17 by 2 months), and son, 19 years old that will be with us. As for the food on NCL, we really do not have any complaints, and we enjoy the alternative restaurants, and free style dining.

thanks for your quick reply and invitation to the 'roll call". i am new and am not sure what the roll call is or how to get there. sorry for being so uninformed, but i'll get the hang of it with a little help!

lisa

Lisa,

You know what I think! You're going to have a great time w/ your teenager on the Spirit. You should have him look for some teens on CC that are going on the same cruise. I've made many a good friends from people I met right here on CC long before we ever met face to face!

Relax....you're going to have a wonderful trip and I think you're going to fal in love with all the concepts of "FREESTYLE Cruising"!!!

Jeff

http://www.jeffandjenette.com (our personal website dedicated to cruise reviews and family news)

Hi Lisa

I am on the 18th sailing on the Spirit. I can't wait. I do not have kids, but reading some of the threads - it seems like that have lots of things to keep them busy... Hope you join our role call.. We are planning on meeting the second day of the cruise...

Archived