Brittania cabin A614

tuppence

Hi

Hope someone can help please. We've just been allocated our cabin for our Caribbean cruise and it is A614, we paid a bit extra for a slightly bigger balcony but we would never have chosen deck A because of the Horizon restaurant being above. We are very worried about noise from it during the night and early morning. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin or nearby please who can tell us? Thank you very much

Linda

Hi,

Sorry can't help with the cabin as we had one on D deck, which was nice and quiet.

Just wanted to mention a problem that our friends had on the Britannia at xmas. They were on A deck (really sorry I don't know the cabin number and sincerely hope its not yours), but they had to ask / insist they be moved. They described the noise in the cabin as "like an old creaking galleon" when the ship was moving overnight. Others around them also had the same problem and also were moved, as they couldn't sleep due to the constant noise.

I'm not saying this to worry you, but 'pre-warned is pre-armed'. Is it possible to change it to another cabin of the same grade somewhere else? You may not want to do this though if you have a bigger balcony.

Hope it all works out for you and you have a great cruise. I thoroughly enjoyed the Britannia and would go back on her in a heartbeat. Have a great cruise.

Hi

Hope someone can help please. We've just been allocated our cabin for our Caribbean cruise and it is A614, we paid a bit extra for a slightly bigger balcony but we would never have chosen deck A because of the Horizon restaurant being above. We are very worried about noise from it during the night and early morning. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin or nearby please who can tell us? Thank you very much

Linda

Hi Linda. Slightly concerned about your post as you say you paid extra for a bigger balcony? I understand that all the balconies are the same size (except the aft cabins) - or did you mean a slightly bigger cabin? Did you book through a TA? (I'm just asking in case they have misled you...!)

The other question is of course did you book a saver fare? if so I'm afraid you are (probably) stuck with the cabin allocated as if you want to chose a cabin, you need to pay the select fare.

If you are seriously worried, I would get on the phone asap to whoever you booked through, to see i anything can be done. But I wouldn't set your hopes too high. Like you I wouldn't want to be underneath the buffet...

Hi tuppence, we were lucky enough to get an upgrade from G deck to A620 just 3 cabins away from you at the beginning of the year.

On the very odd occasion we did hear a bit of knocking in the early morning but not enough to wake you up unless you are a very light sleeper.

The only down side was that apart from early morning or early evening you do not get any sun because of the over hang from above, but if your side of the ship isn't facing the sun then you wouldn't get it anyway and the sun deck is only one floor up (if you can get a bed).

On the plus side you get some great views and if you prefer you breakfast in the buffet or just a cup of coffee to accompany you on an early morning stroll on the rear deck then again the buffet is only one floor up.

Have a great cruise.

Rick.

Hi we were on britannia for xmas on a deck cabin 709 ,as has previously

been said very little noise (early morning or night ) , i believe all balconys

are the same size exept for suites .cabin location was great we have booked cabin a703 for xmas 2016 . Enjoy your cruise.

Many thanks for your replies and after reading the first one I panicked and phoned our TA up but to no avail as the cruise is fully booked. I can't imagine why after having the glorious winter we've had can you????

Rick thank you so much as you've reassured me lots as your cabin was very near ours. Shame about the sun but if we booked a saver fare that's the gamble you take and as you say we are very near the buffet and as a big problem appears to be getting a lift that could be a real plus!

It's great to have two positive replies and now we will start to get very excited!

Thanks to everyone who replied

Linda

• 1 year later...

Have just been allocated a618 a few days ago was unsure about the cabin at first but after looking into I'm very happy good location close to stairs/lift laundrette and only one deck up to pools bars and places to eat don't mind a little shade in Caribbean if it gets too hot and I'm sure the views will be amazing