Kona & POA

Cruiseoholic000

What is the address at Kona you disembark from the tethered boat?

I assume 7:00am arrival is not including the tethering process (wishful thinking). What time is the first boat come into Kona? What is the last boat to leave?

I was hoping to grab the first boat be able to get a rental car and be at a excursion at around 7:30am - 8. That I assume will not happen.

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

What is the address at Kona you disembark from the tethered boat?

I assume 7:00am arrival is not including the tethering process (wishful thinking). What time is the first boat come into Kona? What is the last boat to leave?

I was hoping to grab the first boat be able to get a rental car and be at a excursion at around 7:30am - 8. That I assume will not happen.

I don't t know the port address, but a couple years ago, I believe we were ashore around 7:30. This is what the Freestyle Daily said about the tendering process. "Tender tickets can be picked up in Pinks Champagne Bar beginning at 7:00 am. Please ensure your entire party is completely ready to go ashore before you pick up your tickets."

There may be a line for tickets in Pinks. I'd be there early with everyone in your group present. NCl's listed "arrival time" is usually the time the ship is secured and ready to disembark. The ship will be there well before 7:00.

The last tender is listed to be at 5:00 pm per the Freestyle Daily, but I would not risk missing it by cutting it close.

Depending on how far away your excursion meets, I don't know if a 7:30 or 8:00 is do-able. Where are you getting the rental car? The airport location is 7 miles away. The closest spot is the rental desk at the King Kam hotel a short walk away from the dock, if you have pre reserved, but it will take some time to get there, maybe stand in line, and then complete the process.

I don't t know the port address, but a couple years ago, I believe we were ashore around 7:30. This is what the Freestyle Daily said about the tendering process. "Tender tickets can be picked up in Pinks Champagne Bar beginning at 7:00 am. Please ensure your entire party is completely ready to go ashore before you pick up your tickets."

There may be a line for tickets in Pinks. I'd be there early with everyone in your group present. NCl's listed "arrival time" is usually the time the ship is secured and ready to disembark. The ship will be there well before 7:00.

The last tender is listed to be at 5:00 pm per the Freestyle Daily, but I would not risk missing it by cutting it close.

Depending on how far away your excursion meets, I don't know if a 7:30 or 8:00 is do-able. Where are you getting the rental car? The airport location is 7 miles away. The closest spot is the rental desk at the King Kam hotel a short walk away from the dock, if you have pre reserved, but it will take some time to get there, maybe stand in line, and then complete the process.

Ships anchors in Kailua Bay which is a great port as its non industrial and is where the Ironman swim portion of race starts from, its a great clean beach.

Thrifty's has a p/u location at the

Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

less then 5 min walk from the pier.

The other companies i believe only have p/u at the airport which is about a 20 min. cab ride, so I would skip airport due to added expense.

A a side note there are a lot of excursion companies that p/u at the pier.

There are also vendor at the pier selling tours.

What excursion r u looking at?

Was just in the thinking possibly phase but dolphin/snorkeling tour with Sunlight on Water. They do not offer pick up and if you want to go in the afternoon 5 people at least must be signed up.

Ships anchors in Kailua Bay which is a great port as its non industrial and is where the Ironman swim portion of race starts from, its a great clean beach.

Thrifty's has a p/u location at the

Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

less then 5 min walk from the pier.

The other companies i believe only have p/u at the airport which is about a 20 min. cab ride, so I would skip airport due to added expense.

A a side note there are a lot of excursion companies that p/u at the pier.

There are also vendor at the pier selling tours.

What excursion r u looking at?

Just remember you will be swimming in the ocean, if there are winds the ocean can be rough, Morning hours are best if you are doing this. The winds pick up in the afternoon. For a car be sure and you rent ahead and let them know you are on a cruise ship. they will do a pickup and delivery at the pier. If you are just going to drive around from Kona and you want to go to the Volcano, it is about 2 plus hours to get there. About 15 mile out of Kona, the roads are bumpy and lots of curves. There are a couple of places to stop for Kona Coffee. If you go to the Hilo side the changes are great going from the dry side to the wet and green side. Yes your ship will dock there also. Beaches aren't the greatest in Kona. If you want the best snorkeling beach and you have gear or will rent for the day, go to snorkel Bobs. Head South from Kona about 4 miles on the right, its a park, with shallow protected areas for snorkeling. We go there every time we stay in Kona.

Highly recommend Historic Hawaii its a short port call due to tender if you wish catch a swim, paddle board, or snorkle in front of the King Kam hotel where the tender lets off-

https://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?N=4294934627+4294901295&Nao=0&Ne=8057&Ns=p_Shorex_Search_Weight%7C0%7C%7Cp_Shorex_Title%7C0&Nu=p_Shorex_Package_Id#tab_detail or go catch a half day fishing @Honokohau Harbor

Edited by freddycruzr