Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

B2B lunch..... I have horror stories to tell of people helping themselves with their hands; woman refusing to budge from an empty tureen of Lobster Thermidor until it was restocked; man holding a glass of seafood salad in one hand and a fully loaded (and I mean enough to feed a family of 4) plate in the other and I'm watching him trying to figure out how he can put the glass down, add that extra slice of cheese to his plate without either someone else pinching the glass or it crashing to the floor.

DSCN8922.jpg

Most is GF

DSCN8923.jpg

DSCN8924.jpg

DSCN8925.jpg

GF!!!

DSCN8926.jpg

This is Shane, the Food & Beverages Director

DSCN8928.jpg

I'd not seen this...... I don't think many had.....

I went back to my room for a location check

heading%20to%20WI2.jpg

DSCN8930.jpg

heading%20to%20WI3.jpg

There's land on the distant horizon..... I promise

Here's our most recent track......

heading%20to%20WI4.jpg

If they say that's actually where you are then they are waaaay out of whack. Those islands are off the tip of Cape York. :eek:

You are down the coast now and in the GBR proper. With the speed you need to sail at you would never make Cairns by Monday :D

This is really an absolutely fantastic trip you are having - well done you and you are a credit to all single ladies. Who says you have to be with someone to have a great time all the time!

Great sunset photos.

Just curious. I may have glossed over your revised itinerary - sorry if this was posted earlier, but are you toddling out to Willis Island after Cairns?

Haven't been on an east coast cruise, only the Brisbane, Airlie Beach stops on the circumnavigation. :)

It's really pleasant out on deck this evening.... it's raining hard way over there.....

DSCN8978.jpg

DSCN8979.jpg

DSCN8983.jpg

Last of the four meals in Bistro on 5

Egg drop soup

DSCN8984.jpg

The end of a lovely day at sea..... now who'd have thought I'd ever say that eh?

DSCN8985.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

If they say that's actually where you are then they are waaaay out of whack. Those islands are off the tip of Cape York. :eek:

You are down the coast now and in the GBR proper. With the speed you need to sail at you would never make Cairns by Monday :D

This is really an absolutely fantastic trip you are having - well done you and you are a credit to all single ladies. Who says you have to be with someone to have a great time all the time!

Solo my darling girl. Solo.

Out of whack.... them or me? Could be both..... I've tried to post the pics I have in the right order interspersed with what I've been able to pick up on the tracker.... those are yesterday's pics.....

Great sunset photos.

Just curious. I may have glossed over your revised itinerary - sorry if this was posted earlier' date=' but are you toddling out to Willis Island after Cairns?

Haven't been on an east coast cruise, only the Brisbane, Airlie Beach stops on the circumnavigation. :)[/quote']

Nope. First thing tomorrow morning. As described in the 'Daily' for tomorrow :

Scenic Cruising:

8:45am – 10:00am

Enjoy our "technical stop" to Willis Island from the comfort of Sky Lounge, Poolside, Open Decks & your Stateroom Balconies. After our transit around Willis Island, from approximately 9:00am, our Reef Pilot will be communicating directly with the island's Meteorologist. This will be transmitted over the public address system and TV channel 5. Willis Island's Meteorologist will be launching a helium balloon with weather detection radars.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The CC lunch looked fabulous. Very nice that they put on a beautiful calm sailing day for you as well :)

They waste so much on printing all those art auction things. I guess it is better than announcements. Did you find they closed off the sky lounge for hours before their function also? We were glad to see they had their own space to display their art on Solstice, only to find they still encroached on nice areas like the sky lounge. We also had some issues with them blocking of large areas on RCI, and being set up next to Diamond lounge and yelling at top volume over the speakers about the upcoming function. If they are trying to attract us, yelling at loud volume is not attractive!

The CC lunch looked fabulous. Very nice that they put on a beautiful calm sailing day for you as well :)

They waste so much on printing all those art auction things. I guess it is better than announcements. Did you find they closed off the sky lounge for hours before their function also? We were glad to see they had their own space to display their art on Solstice, only to find they still encroached on nice areas like the sky lounge. We also had some issues with them blocking of large areas on RCI, and being set up next to Diamond lounge and yelling at top volume over the speakers about the upcoming function. If they are trying to attract us, yelling at loud volume is not attractive!

The pics just posted are from one of the three B2B lunches they are holding..... pics from the CC lunch today to follow. :)

I guess they do close the Sky Lounge but to be honest I've not been around there at that time.... wouldn't get me within a ship's length of an on board Auction. The Royal Caribbean sales were such an intrusion into my world on board..... here they daren't announce like that..... there'd be a riot.... :eek:

Solo my darling girl. Solo.

Out of whack.... them or me? Could be both..... I've tried to post the pics I have in the right order interspersed with what I've been able to pick up on the tracker.... those are yesterday's pics.....

Nope. First thing tomorrow morning. As described in the 'Daily' for tomorrow :

Scenic Cruising:

8:45am – 10:00am

Enjoy our "technical stop" to Willis Island from the comfort of Sky Lounge, Poolside, Open Decks & your Stateroom Balconies. After our transit around Willis Island, from approximately 9:00am, our Reef Pilot will be communicating directly with the island's Meteorologist. This will be transmitted over the public address system and TV channel 5. Willis Island's Meteorologist will be launching a helium balloon with weather detection radars.

Ah, ok.

You must whizz off out there tonight then head back in to Cairns :)

Ah' date=' ok.

You must whizz off out there tonight then head back in to Cairns :)[/quote']

Just back in my room..... we're headed out..... 112°.... the tracker online is letting me down again. Willis Island isn't actually on the Navigational channel map :)

So. Change of subject.

Thinking major financial implications here..... there are no printed photographs. At all. Not one. Things broke towards the end of last cruise as I never did get to see pics I'd posed for on the last formal night. Apparently they were to have picked up a technician flown out from the US to Bali...... you can probably work out the rest. They're offering digital copies... goodness knows how much for..... guess I shall go and find out another time.

Norbertsniece, could I ask if you can inform what if anything Celebrity provide to get people to Sydney airport when you dock, do they have coaches for this purpose.

We will be on the sailing out of Sydney when you leave and am thinking ahead for when we return we need to go to the airport to fly to Brisbane, I have seen many answers but wondered if there are any Celebrity provided methods.

Thank you in advance.

Norbertsniece, could I ask if you can inform what if anything Celebrity provide to get people to Sydney airport when you dock, do they have coaches for this purpose.

We will be on the sailing out of Sydney when you leave and am thinking ahead for when we return we need to go to the airport to fly to Brisbane, I have seen many answers but wondered if there are any Celebrity provided methods.

Thank you in advance.

Please call me Linda. NN if you're in a hurry ;)

From the Guest Disembarkation Questionnaire :

Sydney International Airport is located 7.5 miles from the cruise ship terminal, travel time from the pier is approximately 30 minutes.

Transfers to Sydney International Airport are available for purchase at the Guest Relations Desk, Deck 3 for $30 per person. Deadline to purchase transfers is by March 18th, 12 Noon.

Thank you in advance.

If you aren't averse to public transport, Circular Quay station (lifts and escalators available to platforms) is about a 5 minute flat walk.

You can get a train direct to the Domestic Airport station (6 stops) for $15.76 per person. Again lifts and escalators available and great signage directly into the domestic terminal.

Trains run approx every 10-15 mins.

If you aren't averse to public transport' date=' Circular Quay station (lifts and escalators available to platforms) is about a 5 minute flat walk.

You can get a train direct to the Domestic Airport station (6 stops) for $15.76 per person. Again lifts and escalators available and great signage directly into the domestic terminal.

Trains run approx every 10-15 mins.[/quote']

That's great info Valerie thank you.

I may pop up to the Domestic Terminal on the 20th once I've checked in to my hotel to drop a case there for storage prior to heading to Uluru, only need one case for the few days in Sydney and Ayers Rock..... don't really want to leave it until the day I head to AYC itself as my outgoing flight leaves at 1000.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Really late last night as I was heading to bed I turned to the Navigation Channel to see this..... really confused me. We're heading SW.

DSCN8986.jpg

No mention of Willis Island

DSCN8987.jpg

At least now we seem to be heading in the right direction

DSCN8988.jpg

Free laundry bag day for me

DSCN8989.jpg

This little box has been invaluably replenished by my room steward innumerable times. #itsthelittlethings

DSCN8991.jpg

Ben does a mad 'lingo' performance in the theatre..... here's a dictionary by GS

DSCN8993.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Also by the GS desk

DSCN8994.jpg

I have a chat with Brenda in the Cafe. She'll be heading off on the ex-Celebrity Century for a much deserved break soon. I'm served a GF muffin; it was not good.

Choppy out....... starboard horizon views

DSCN8996.jpg

DSCN8997.jpg

DSCN8998.jpg

DSCN8999.jpg

A thin band of green

DSCN9000.jpg

That's great info Valerie thank you.

I may pop up to the Domestic Terminal on the 20th once I've checked in to my hotel to drop a case there for storage prior to heading to Uluru, only need one case for the few days in Sydney and Ayers Rock..... don't really want to leave it until the day I head to AYC itself as my outgoing flight leaves at 1000.

Wynyard Station is closer for you. You can pick up the same line there, same price. Platform 6.

However, I've just picked up on the timetable site that the lift is out of action at present to platform 6 (big renos happening at Wynyard).

You can check for yourself. All may be well in a week.

Trip planner for trains

Also by the GS desk

DSCN8994.jpg

Have you mentioned the 'news sheets' at guest services too. We loved having some potted news on board Celebrity.

Sudoku was always all gone by the time I got down there!

Edited by I'm from Oz