Century, Century Suite

CanadianMAG

We are looking at a western Carribean cruise in April on the Century and would like to book a suite. It looks like the only suites available are the aft (back of the ship, hope I got the name right :D ) I know on HAL these rooms had a much larger deck but did not have privacy because the people above can see down. When I look at the ship layout it looks like the deck above is set back a lot and it may not be a problem.

Any feedback? is it worth it? The last suite we had we only had breakfast out there and then might have a cocktail before dinner. This time we are travelling with another couple who will be booking the same type of room so I think we may do more entertainig out there, which would be great since the deck is bigger. BUt I am worried about privacy, and anything else that comes with this type of deck.

Century is going in for a complete makeover....balcony cabins, speciality restaurant, etc. in late April so be sure that you are looking at a date where there is actually a sailing. You can ask 10 people about balconies/sizes of balconies, etc. and I believe you will get 10 different answers. It's a very personal issue. We usually go for a "regular" ocean view cabin because the difference in price allows us to almost take another cruise. However, if you are able to get a good deal on a cabin with a large balcony and want to entertain (a lot out there to make it worth your while), then go for it. However, as I said, I'd move quickly because I think that these cabins probably go first and in view of the pending drydock you may not have a lot of choice. Good luck. Will follow the thread to see if you've made a decision.

Thanks for your reply.

My TA said this is the last sailing until it gets re-done then it is heading to Europe.. Still debating on what cruise line we are looking at going with... not many suites in any of the lines in Aprile.

Privacy wasn't an issue, but space was.

We stayed in a Century Aft Suite this past April on Century. The deck is just large enough (barely) for 2 chairs and a small table. You won't really be able to do any entertaining out there, unless you're standing shoulder to shoulder (and even at that, I think it would a bit squished).

Archived