RSVP Feb 5-12, 2017 on the Koningsdam

Boytjie

Am I wrong in assuming that you have to be a past guest to sign up for this cruise? If so, does anyone know when it will open up to the general public? I'd really like to check out this ship and the itinerary is perfect!

Thanks!

I think most of the folks on the roll call booked this cruise aboard Nieuw Amsterdam last month. That said, RSVP still haven't even processed our booking forms and charged our deposits. I imagine they will open the cruise for general bookings once they've processed all of the on-board bookings. I should mention that RSVP just moved their sales office from Minneapolis to Los Angeles, so there will likely be a longer-than-normal delay.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Am I wrong in assuming that you have to be a past guest to sign up for this cruise? If so, does anyone know when it will open up to the general public? I'd really like to check out this ship and the itinerary is perfect!

Thanks!

Give Dan Howell Travel a call. If anyone can help you out, it would be him. The worst he can say try again in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
Deposit paid, confirmation emailed, and monthly installments coming soon. We're going on a cruise. All the early word on K-dam is that she's a stunning beauty.

We got out confirmations yesterday and deposits are paid. K-dam looks beautiful on the HAL website and video. Should be a great cruise with lots of fun people! :cool::):D

Chris and I (Stephen) just booked a Vista Suite on Deck 6. This is our first RSVP cruise and are excited. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a 7 day blast.

Ooh, suite, eh? Should be lovely. RSVP is fantastic. Excellent entertainment, friendly staff, and nearly everyone is there to have a good time with a minimum of attitude. I'm a pool guy, so I'm really excited about the now-two-level Lido Pool and the aft Sea View Pool. The latter has really been enhanced to give it much more of the beach club vibe that the Lido Pool has always had. Slick as f***. :cool:

Ooh, suite, eh? Should be lovely. RSVP is fantastic. Excellent entertainment, friendly staff, and nearly everyone is there to have a good time with a minimum of attitude. I'm a pool guy, so I'm really excited about the now-two-level Lido Pool and the aft Sea View Pool. The latter has really been enhanced to give it much more of the beach club vibe that the Lido Pool has always had. Slick as f***. :cool:

The pools sound very inviting. Eager to check it all out. I'm sure we'll see you there.

The Vista Suite is not a true suite - it's just a larger Vista Balcony cabin - a few more "amenities". Nothing special.

:D

I haven't received a confirmation yet, but our credit cards were just charged $500 by RSVP, so I guess we are in!!!!! We have an Alaska land tour and cruise coming up in August that we haven't paid for yet. Yikes!

I haven't received a confirmation yet, but our credit cards were just charged $500 by RSVP, so I guess we are in!!!!! We have an Alaska land tour and cruise coming up in August that we haven't paid for yet. Yikes!

RSVP cruises tend to sellout these days so you have to be in early!

Is it true HAL allows guests to smoke on the balcony of their cabins?

It is true. This is a major point of contention between smokers and nonsmokers, as HAL is the last major line to permit smoking on balconies (Or as HAL calls them: verandahs). I had a verandah stateroom week one of my two-week sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam last February, and I was surrounded by smokers. One afternoon I decided to walk out on the verandah and the guy above me was trimming his fingernails. Where do you suppose the clippings went? :eek:

So, if you smoke or aren't bothered by smoke, go for a verandah. I am more likely to select an ocean-view stateroom, as the smoke does bother me and I still get the daylight at a lower price.

Are you booked on the cruise? Cheers.

It is true. This is a major point of contention between smokers and nonsmokers, as HAL is the last major line to permit smoking on balconies (Or as HAL calls them: verandahs). I had a verandah stateroom week one of my two-week sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam last February, and I was surrounded by smokers. One afternoon I decided to walk out on the verandah and the guy above me was trimming his fingernails. Where do you suppose the clippings went? :eek:

So, if you smoke or aren't bothered by smoke, go for a verandah. I am more likely to select an ocean-view stateroom, as the smoke does bother me and I still get the daylight at a lower price.

Are you booked on the cruise? Cheers.

Thanks, Cruise Bruiser, for the info. My husband and I are considering this cruise. The only drawback is the time of year. We'd like to spend a few days in Miami and the weather we want (hot, sunny, warm water) may not be there in early February. Enjoy your cruise!

Finally booked! This will be my first RSVP cruise so I am excited to see what it will be like.

I'm going with my husband. We been on 7 Atlantis cruises before, most recently the Tahiti cruise which was out of this world.

Maybe I will finally get to meet Boytjie!

Finally booked! This will be my first RSVP cruise so I am excited to see what it will be like.

I'm going with my husband. We been on 7 Atlantis cruises before, most recently the Tahiti cruise which was out of this world.

Welcome aboard!

We have been lucky to not have had real issues with smokers on RSVP cruises when we booked balcony cabins. this year we went for an inside (we hardly have time enough relaxation time on a RSVP cruise to justify the balcony) and have booked another inside on the Koningsdam.

Welcome to you and your husband. You will have an interesting opportunity to compare and contrast Atlantis and RSVP. I would love to hear more about your Tahiti cruise, as yesterday I booked a South Pacific Crossing cruise on Noordam for April 2018. It doesn't go to Tahiti, but it visits two islands in New Caledonia, Vanuatu, two islands in Fiji, and Pago Pago in Samoa. It sails from Australia and ends in Hawaii. Did you visit any of those? (I'm just a bit excited. :o)

Cheers. And just curious, how did you book? Lots of folks are anxious for the cruise to open to bookings for folks who weren't on Nieuw A in February, and it appears you were not. Thanks.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

I was prompted to call RSVP and find out where we were in their system, waiting for a possible Signature Suite. Nothing has opened up, and we don't want to miss this cruise, so we booked a Vista Suite while there were still some available. And maybe before next February we can upgrade. Being in the first group of 50 to book, things were already scarce in the suite department.

I was prompted to call RSVP and find out where we were in their system, waiting for a possible Signature Suite. Nothing has opened up, and we don't want to miss this cruise, so we booked a Vista Suite while there were still some available. And maybe before next February we can upgrade. Being in the first group of 50 to book, things were already scarce in the suite department.

I hope you get the stateroom you want. I have always been amazed at how quickly the suites sell out on RSVP cruises. I can imagine the appeal, but I cruise three times a year, so a suite is way out of my budget. But more to your point, I think this cruise has the potential to sell out faster than any cruise in RSVP history. Koningsdam appears to have succeeded in redefining Holland America beyond expectations.