What type of stateroom do you book?

What type of stateroom do you book?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. What type of stateroom do you book?

• It has to be a suite...JS or above
    • At least a balcony room
    • Inside-I want to spend my money elsewhere
    • Anything I can get...

Inside cabin is fine with me because we can save money that way besides, we aren't in the cabin much anyway. Of the 4 cruises we have been on, all have been inside cabins except 1, it was "obstructed view". It was ok. When we cruise next week on the Sovereign (taking in-laws for anniversary) we booked out side cabins for us. They have never been on a cruise before and it is their anniversary. I thought it would be a nice touch for them.

Kay

I have to have a room with a window I can open. (claustrophobic) We have had balcony cabins on our previous two cruises and have another booked for our March cruise. We also love the hump/bump part of the ships. Great view.:D Since we love to spend time out there on the balcony, we will never book anything less than a balcony.

I think next we will try a JR. Suite if we do a cruise with more sea days.

We do lots of 3 and 4 day cruises (we live about 20 minutes from Port of Miami), and usually will get an inside for those short cruises. On longer cruises (5+ days), we go for the balcony. The difference between in inside and an oceanview is not that much of a difference for us. On those short cruises, we're only in our room to shower/change, nap and sleep. Don't need natural daylight to do those things, and actually prefer the inside for falling asleep for a nap quicker, and sleeping in a little later in the mornings. If we book a ship that has no balconies, we'll opt for an inside then too.

Michele

Our bottom line is Oceanview, but have never yet sailed with a Balcony that we paid for (got one on a DCL upgrade), though we do have a suite booked--first ever--for this coming january. But since the true answer for us is not "inside" and is not "balcony", to vote inside would skew the poll because there are many who legitimately do book inside. So going to wait for the next poll that may have oceanview as an option.

Archived