Get yer Dolphin Swim photos right here

brucejr

The Dolphin Swim on Cozumel was a highlight of our kids cruise and now I can share the photos with you.

Why am I posting this on the Princess forum? Because we booked the excursion thru Princess online 2 months before the cruise and we were waitlisted. I told the kids not to expect to do the swim, but when the tickets were delivered to our cabin, it was a surprise for us all.

Anyway, on to the photos

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

OMG that is great we are going to cozumel in february with royal caribbean though, do you mind me asking how much was it? and how long it was? thanks

and so happy for you what a great surprise for your whole family icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Lesa

Here are the prices for dolphin activities on Princess excursions

Dolphin Swim $149

Dolphin Swim/snorkel $139

Dolphin discovery tour $89 (I think)

These prices include Chanakaab Park entrance and round trip taxi voucher.

<font color="FF6600">

oh thanks so much which one do you recommend>

the snorkel and swim or just the seim, i am not to much of a snorkeler, do you get to see more of the dolphins that way?

thanks sorry for all the questions appreciate it though

Lesa

which princess ship offered the dolphin swimming? it is one of my dreams to do that! great pictures!!

*Alicia*

"This drink tastes like foot. I sucked a girl's toe once...no, not all five- just the big toe...and that's what this tastes like." -Graham, in reference to the Tequila Sunrise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ladyduarte:

oh thanks so much which one do you recommend>

the snorkel and swim or just the seim, i am not to much of a snorkeler, do you get to see more of the dolphins that way?

Lesa<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't get to see the swim/snorkel, so it is hard to make a recommendation. The swim sold out faster than the swim/snorkel, but it cost $10 more too. I chose the swim for my kids because I didn't think they would have enjoyed the snorkeling as much. I would have. I think they are very similar.

I would recommend either over doing the dolphin discovery where you only get to pet the dolphin.

For Princess311, we were on the Grand Princess, but I think all the Princess ships that stop in Cozumel offer this as a shore excursion.

<font color="FF6600">

We were on the Grand 4/4 and did the Royal Swim with the dolphins in Cozumel.It was awesome and something that my kids will always remember! I booked directly through dolphindiscovery.com about a month prior to the cruise. It is cheaper than princess and we didn't get tied into their time table. ie, we found our own taxi right at the pier, $10 and stayed at the park as long as we wanted. There is a per person charge of $10 into the park and they don't accept credit cards.

The only problem we had was with the $50 purchase of the video. We previewed it at the giftshop after they had edited it for us and it was working just fine. When we got it home it did not work on any of our vhs machines. I realized that it was put on the european vhs system (I guess they make some of each) and didn't bother to check for us. Anyway I emailed them and was lucky enough to get a copy mailed to us.(They normally don't keep copies). Moral of the story: Make sure it is on the right system.

Do not miss this experience! Do the royal swim, it is only a little more $ and when will you do this again!!

Actually, the admission cost to Chankanaab Park is $12 US for adults, $6 US for kids and cash only.

You don't really get tied into any time table with the ships excursion. You will receive a voucher for a taxi to the park so you can go when you want. You can stay at the park as long as you want too, then use the voucher for a taxi back to the pier.

It was cheaper for us to go with the ships excursion. Click Here for the explanation why.

I understand that the rates have now gone up whether booking directly or not about $10 per person.

The beauty of booking directly with dolphin discovery is that you get confirmed right away and have your confirmation number. You don't have to worry about getting waitlisted with the cruise line.

Also, they don't mind you taking photos or videos which is contradicted on their website and I really don't think they care about the age of the child (within reason). My daughter is 10 and my son is 14. The website says that you must be at least 12 or an adult must accompany. My husband and I sat on the pier and watched and no one ever said a thing about her. They don't even ask the ages.

will you need to leave a deposit? and will you losse the deposit if for instance the boat does not stop there, i just booked a cruise with the kids for january and if i could would love to get the hold on the dolphins now cause that is one thing my kids will love what do you suggest?

carnival you can not book until you are on the ship i heard so i am sure to get on a waitlisticon_frown.gif but hate to lose a deposit

thanks

Lesa

Hi - we did the swim & snorkel and it was wonderful - we did reserve the tour via Princess because it was easier for me and yes we had to meet at a certain to go but could come back (via taxi with coupon from tour). I am not much of a swimmer but was brave enough to get in the water and our dolphin "Shadia" was very understanding. The ages in our group went from 8 to about 50 and everyone had a great time. The snorkeling portion was in the same area as shown in the pictures with Alex & Emily and mostly it was floating on the water and being able to see the dolphin do her tricks underwater. We did a kiss/shake fins/fin pull and then the snorkeling (no foot push or jumping over the bar).

I couldn't resist the pictures or the video - 4 sets of pictures (with a volume discount thankfully) were $148 and the videos were $35 each - overall an expensive day but one of the best excursions I have taken in 20+ years of crusing (fyi...the glacier landing helicopter ride in Alaska was the best)

Please enjoy the dolphins - it was great!

Also, they now have a swim with sea lions in a pool area at the park also.

igloo42

When you book with dolphindiscovery.com you must pay for the swim in full with your credit card. You will get a confirmation number. If something happens and the ship does not get there on time they will refund your money in full. Go to their website to read all of the details. Good Luck!

Archived