Independence of the Seas 2/13 5 day cruise review

We will be getting on when you are getting off. Interested in the internet speed.

Thanks for posting.

Well I can say it is slow, but better than I was expecting! We have been using iMessage to communicate and that is quick, but when I uploaded 8 pics to Facebook tonight it took about 15 minutes. My daughter is using snapchat and she says it's fine but not as fast as she's used to

I was wondering if there was any discounts on the first night to Chops. I am emerald, are there discounts for specialty restaurants?

Emerald level has no specialty restaurant discounts, other than BOGO milkshake at Johnny Rockets.

Edited by clarea

Just got back today! The review should be posted in the next day or so. Booked harmony of the seas for the same time next year! Overall, a great cruise and ship. Disembarking was a huge mess and the worse I've ever experienced.

This is what I'm most interested in... do you think there was a way around it? Getting off earlier/later? What about the embarkation? Do you know what piers you were on for both?

I've read so many complaints recently about Indy's boarding and disembarking. Is there a specific reason for it? We were on Indy this past summer and it was a breeze? We're booked again for next year.

There were just so many lines and it seemed very disorganised. It took us a little over an hour to get off the ship. They routed the line through on air and studio b. The walkways there are just very narrow and that did not help. No posted signage that I saw either.

This is what I'm most interested in... do you think there was a way around it? Getting off earlier/later? What about the embarkation? Do you know what piers you were on for both?

I believe it was pier 27 and then 26. Embarkation was actually a breeze. We got there at 11 and there was no wait. A machine broke though and it caused a line to build up but we were already at the front at that time.

There were just so many lines and it seemed very disorganised. It took us a little over an hour to get off the ship. They routed the line through on air and studio b. The walkways there are just very narrow and that did not help. No posted signage that I saw either.

Wow. I wonder what's changed. Maybe it was a different terminal.

The Miami Boast show was the reason for the airfare increases. The hotels were crazy too, hotels that usually go for $159 were $300! I work at FLL, always have to be on the up and up of local events. The Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea show is in May, another expensive flying and hotel time. Looking forward to your review!

As Justin said, the disembarking was a huge issue. We are Canadian so had to go into the Non-US customs line. We stood there barely moving for 1 hour 20 minutes. We had 8:30 luggage tags (not called until 9:30) and did not get out of terminal until 11:25 - missed our 12pm flight - got rebooked on 7:15pm flight - long day - bad ending to great cruise. They have to figure this out at Pier 25/26!

We were on the Indy for the five days leading up to thanksgiving and everything was great. Boarding was a breeze as was disembarking. We are back on for spring break on March 26. This time we have 3 promenade staterooms and 1 balcony because of our group size and layout. They had reached a Coast guard capacity issue and could only allow two people per room.

Let me know what bar you enjoyed the most!

Gratzi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do the self disembarkation where you carried your own luggage?

As Justin said, the disembarking was a huge issue. We are Canadian so had to go into the Non-US customs line. We stood there barely moving for 1 hour 20 minutes. We had 8:30 luggage tags (not called until 9:30) and did not get out of terminal until 11:25 - missed our 12pm flight - got rebooked on 7:15pm flight - long day - bad ending to great cruise. They have to figure this out at Pier 25/26!

Was this via the self disembarkation and you carried your luggage off the ship? Or, does the timed tag mean it was not... thanks!

Was this via the self disembarkation and you carried your luggage off the ship? Or, does the timed tag mean it was not... thanks!

8:30am tags means that they did not do self-assist disembarkation, and they let the ship's crew take their bags off.

Hey all, I will be embarking on the 5 day valentines/president cruise on Saturday for my first RC cruise. I will be reviewing it as well! I've done Disney, carnival, Norwegian and princess before this. Please let me know any questions you may want answered. I am staying in a promenade room on deck 7 and plan to post photos of that because I know I found it difficult to find any myself. Cheers to all!

Enjoy your cruise.

Can you let me know how the shows were?

What movies were playing?

Thanks!

Sorry it's taking longer to write the review. I caught a nasty cold on Friday and it has been lingering.

The movies were Jurassic world, the visit, bridge of spies and Valentine's Day.