When does Freedom actually begin sailing?

im not 100% sure, but 99.999999% sure that it is not sailing right now...it just went into the wet dock about 2 weeks ago...they still have tons of work to do. From what I know (although not much!) I belive the first time the ship will "sail" will be sometime in April of 2006. I know that are already quite a few pre-sailings for May. Hope I helped!

RCI probably won't take possession of the ship until late April, early May '06. Then it has to sail across the Atlantic. I believe it will visit several cities on the East Coast before it finally arrives in Miami. There will be a number of short cruises for VIPs and travel industry officials before it carries revenue passengers in early June.Check out the RCI Freedom website for the latest information. There will probably be more information released in the coming weeks and it is reported that a Freedom-specific brochure will be published by the end of this month.

Has it already made sailings? I see June '06 as first sailing, but I thought is was sailing this year...already in use.. does anyone know?

RCI is supposed to take possession in April but lots of stuff to prepare after that from furnishing, artwork, final decoration, stocking, crew and ship shakedown, USCG inspections, promo cruises, etc. It's a busy 2+ months to prepare for the first passengers in June.

Hopefully, it will still have that "new ship smell" when I cruise on her in November.

Archived