Norwegian Escape Solo Traveler

holdenfarm

I am a 50 something solo traveler sailing on the Escape in August. I have not seen any reviews or comments by any solo travelers yet and am wondering if someone wants to share experiences. I am interested in knowing how the dining areas handle the solo individuals - both in the main areas as well as the specialty dining rooms. Any input on the Solo Lounge would be greatly appreciated as well. Does anyone want to chime in on shore excursions that were exceptional or steer away from. I am looking for input across the board.

Thank you! :)

I can let you know when I return from the 2/20-27 cruise. I am using the studio cabins also. I can tell you that dinner is however you want to sit in main dining. They will ask if you want to join a table or eat on your own. With specialty dining you will have your own table. I usually explore on my own but will be taking on excursion to Yost Van Dyke through the ship so will only be able to answer you on that experience only.

There were a lot of us travelling solo on the transatlantic. A few of us commented on here.

The studio lounge is quite nice, but doesn't have the bar which the other NCL studio lounges have. On the TA, the solos meet up was held in 5'o clock somewhere, rather than the lounge. I don't know whether that has continued.

As has been said above, you can just turn up for meals and be seated. However, I would recommend the solos meet up if you would rather eat with others. NCL do a great job of arranging meals, shows etc for the solos and I'd really recommend this if you would rather eat with others.

I didn't stay in a studio, but had a look at them. They are quite similar to the other ships and look very good.

I sailed in the studios in December. The lounge is nice, though I didn't find it quite as conducive to "hanging out" as the Epic or Breakaway. Other than the snacks, there wasn't much of a reason to stay in there through the day, as there was no TV, so unless you wanted a quiet place to relax or read there wasn't much entertainment. But it's still nice to have an exclusive little area for the solos, so kudos to NCL.

There was a group meetup in the lounge every evening, and from there, those who chose to do so would go to dinner together at one of the complimentary restaurants. They also organized group signups to go to the free shows onboard together, as well as the upcharge "For the Record." Those who were interested were also able to attend the evening themed dance parties together. Again, it was all completely voluntary. You could pick and choose what you wanted to do without any pressure.

The studios are a huge reason I keep coming back to NCL. With our own little areas, I've always felt welcomed on the new ships. And when people in the regular cabins see the studio rooms, their jaws drop. NCL really put a ton of thought into the studio design and experience. Be sure to play with the lights, too, as they brought back the color-changing accents from the Epic that were absent on the Breakaway/Getaway.

You're going to have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
Looking forward to receiving your comments after your trip in February. And I will post mine after my trip in August. I think it is a great that a cruise line will even consider helping out the solo traveler. There are a lot of us!

Holdenfarm... I am an avid cruiser...this will be my first solo cruise...Have booked a balcony..I would love to hear about your experiences and any tips you might have . I will be sailing in 3 weeks. Have a fabulous time.