What happened to the 11 day Mexican Riviera itinerary

Hawk15

Thanks Harriet. I called and asked for a supervisor and CAS passengers won't be allowed to book the Panama Canal until Wednesday of next week. She wouldn't tell me if full paying passengers can book their Panama cruise now. She said the same thing, the only two cruises price protected are Panama. Since I have a beverage package, gratuities, transfers, and insurance all booked through NCL it would be best to go to Panama and since I have air booked, the $300 will be given to me after I change me old reservation to a new one. (bet that will take a long time to get in my mailbox). My question was "What if I don't want to go to Panama?" That doesn't seem to matter the passenger doesn't really have a choice in this.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Candie

Wait a second... if she's doing 14 day itineraries then where is the Norwegian Sun going to be from 10/28 until her repo on 11/2 to South America? There's a schedule gap of 6 days. :cool:

Right now NCL website is not showing ANY sailings for the Sun for the month of October 2016

Harriet

Right now NCL website is not showing ANY sailings for the Sun for the month of October 2016

Harriet

Definitely not long enough for a dry dock. That's for sure... unless they do a wet dock? The two 14 day cruises, the second one leaves Miami on 10/14 and would get into San Diego on 10/28 then. Her repo cruise takes off on 11/2. Hmmm... gaps always worry me! :cool:

I really wish you folks the best though. Major bummer that it happened this close in. :(

Thanks Harriet. I called and asked for a supervisor and CAS passengers won't be allowed to book the Panama Canal until Wednesday of next week. She wouldn't tell me if full paying passengers can book their Panama cruise now. She said the same thing, the only two cruises price protected are Panama. Since I have a beverage package, gratuities, transfers, and insurance all booked through NCL it would be best to go to Panama and since I have air booked, the $300 will be given to me after I change me old reservation to a new one. (bet that will take a long time to get in my mailbox). My question was "What if I don't want to go to Panama?" That doesn't seem to matter the passenger doesn't really have a choice in this.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Candie

You definitely do not have to go to Panama. You can choose any cruise you want as long as you book by March 2 and cruise prior to September 2017. However they are only price protecting the two panama cruises.

Harriet

We were booked on October 22nd. Haven't received our letter yet, but now know that it will be coming.

Does anyone know what the itinerary is for the Panama cruises?

Move to Norwegian Sun's new 14-Day Panama Canal sailing Sept. 30, 2016 from San Diego to Miami

or

the 14-Day Panama Canal October 14, 2016 from Miami to San Diego and your cruise fare will be protected

Harriet

I've been through the Panama Canal 3 times already and DON'T want to go back there.

I want to go to the Mexican Riviera but want a longer cruise and not a 7 or 8 day cruise.

I have to look into this but I have GREAT perks, UDP, UBP, FREE GRATS and INTERNET. I don't want to lose the UDP, UBP or the FREE GRATS!

Not real happy :(

Harriet

Harriet, were you booked directly with NCL or a TA? My online TA can't find anything about this cancellation.

We had talked two Princess cruisers on this cruise to introduce them to NCL. Not going well so far. :mad:

Also, I noticed lost your perks. Any reason given? I assume you would keep the same cabin, right?

Harriet, were you booked directly with NCL or a TA? My online TA can't find anything about this cancellation.

We had talked two Princess cruisers on this cruise to introduce them to NCL. Not going well so far. :mad:

Also, I noticed lost your perks. Any reason given? I assume you would keep the same cabin, right?

NCL - I just received the e-mail today. Maybe their sending them out in batches?

Harriet

Well, this is a bummer isn't it? We knew something was up, but at least now we know for sure and can start making alternative plans.

I know these new options are not going to work for many people but for DH and I this will actually be a better itinerary as neither of us have ever done a Panama Canal cruise. The Panama Canal is a bucket list cruise for us that we did not envision taking for several more years. And I’m presuming the ship will still be stopping at some of the same ports in Mexico that we would have on the Mexican Riviera cruise (without having actually seen the itinerary yet) so we will still get the enjoy those places. And to get an additional 3 nights out of it, we're okay with this. And we'd be crazy to give up our price protected aft mini suite on a Panama Canal cruise. We have never sailed on the aft before and that in itself is a one time thing for us (our cruise next year we're already booked and it's back to being in a side balcony cabin).

We were told we would get to keep our UBP and SDP, but that we will have to pay whatever the difference is for the additional government taxes/port fees, as well as paying the dining and beverage service charges on the additional 3 days but we can live with that. We are choosing the Miami to San Diego route on October 14 so we can get the long distance flying out of the way before the cruise.

We were also told we can't book until next Wednesday (and ours is not a CAS booking). Annoying that they send us the letter today and we have to wait nearly a week before we can even act on this! :rolleyes:

The NCL rep I spoke to said their computer system is not even set up yet to handle these changes :rolleyes:

I hope everyone that was affected by this can get something worked out that they will be happy with.

I'm not taking that Panama cruise or any other one. I will ask for my deposit back instead and book a land tour or possibly just save my money this time. I'm not out anything and I'm sure I will have use for the freed up future cruise deposit, it still has three years till it expires. I'm a little bummed and disappointed, but there will be other cruises, including the 3 other ones I already have booked! ;)

We're disappointed -- the same thing happened to us last year on Carnival.

We are starting over, we have high loyalty status on several lines, we were going to try NCL only because it was sailing from our hometown of San Diego.

We're not going to fly to or from Miami to try a line that we're not sure is for us. :(

It seems NCL is out on a mission to screw over their guests. $50 OBC is a slap in the face to the ones who have to change dates. Wish they would learn how to take care of their guests better to keep them happy especially when it's their fault. I have had cruises cancelled before on other cruise lines and they gave me my choice of cruise with all perks and pricing transferred over.

We are going to be big losers in this. NCL UK are offering £200 each for flight change and our airline want £500 each to change. There are four of us travelling so we will be out of pocket £1200 to do a cruise we didn't book. Ncl are not offering to cover our original flights cost so we lose out what ever we do.

We are going to be big losers in this. NCL UK are offering £200 each for flight change and our airline want £500 each to change. There are four of us travelling so we will be out of pocket £1200 to do a cruise we didn't book. Ncl are not offering to cover our original flights cost so we lose out what ever we do.

I was on the 11 day itinerary last Oct and really enjoyed it and was looking forward to doing it again this year so I'm pretty disappointed about the change.

I especially liked the new ports and the west coast departure. I see Princess has a 10 day Mexican Riviera out of San Francisco that I'll start looking into.

We booked a 10 day on Princess out of LA -- NCL will continue to stay on the short list of mid market lines we've never tried.

I doubt we ever will, but never say never ;)

I don't blame you at all. NCL is driving us to book more Princess cruises. It's too bad, since we had our best cruises ever on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda and a repo from Boston to New Orleans last fall. :(

ANY UK booking invoke Package holiday regulations.

They have to cover all losses on a cancelled cruise as well as a full refund.

Then decide if you want the alternative.

NCL may offer to cover the full cost of changes if you take the alternative if that is less than they are required to pay under package holiday regs.

And a very strong complain to ABTA for not following the code of practice.

Edited by insidecabin

ANY UK booking invoke Package holiday regulations.

They have to cover all losses on a cancelled cruise as well as a full refund.

Then decide if you want the alternative.

NCL may offer to cover the full cost of changes if you take the alternative if that is less than they are required to pay under package holiday regs.

And a very strong complain to ABTA for not following the code of practice.

Thanks for info.

We are in negotiations with NCL at the moment, they appear to be playing ball now that we have advised them that we have complained to ABTA.

I know ABTA is a trade body so you have to treat it as such but the cruisle lines blaitenly flaunt the COde of practice while claiming how you are protected etc.

It is about time ABTA clamped down on some of the shady practice with fines.

Which have a good summary of the package holiday regs. 12/13 cover cancellations

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/package-travel-regulations

Withdrawal from a holiday contract

If you withdraw from the holiday contract, or where the organiser cancels the holiday for any reason other than the fault of the consumer, then Regulation 13 gives you the following implied rights:

• to take a substitute package (if available) of equivalent or superior quality
  • to take a substitute package of lower quality (if available) and to recover from the organiser the difference in price between the price of the package purchased and that of the substitute package
  • to have the purchase price repaid as soon as possible

You would also be entitled to compensation in addition, if appropriate.

For example, kennel fees, clothes bought for the holiday, suntan lotion etc. provided you can show that these costs were genuinely incurred, they could, in principle, be recovered

full UK regs(ther may be amendments to read as well)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/3288/contents/made

I know ABTA is a trade body so you have to treat it as such but the cruisle lines blaitenly flaunt the COde of practice while claiming how you are protected etc.

It is about time ABTA clamped down on some of the shady practice with fines.

Which have a good summary of the package holiday regs. 12/13 cover cancellations

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/package-travel-regulations

Withdrawal from a holiday contract

If you withdraw from the holiday contract, or where the organiser cancels the holiday for any reason other than the fault of the consumer, then Regulation 13 gives you the following implied rights:

• to take a substitute package (if available) of equivalent or superior quality
  • to take a substitute package of lower quality (if available) and to recover from the organiser the difference in price between the price of the package purchased and that of the substitute package
  • to have the purchase price repaid as soon as possible

You would also be entitled to compensation in addition, if appropriate.

For example, kennel fees, clothes bought for the holiday, suntan lotion etc. provided you can show that these costs were genuinely incurred, they could, in principle, be recovered

full UK regs(ther may be amendments to read as well)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/3288/contents/made

Interesting reading thanks again

Interesting reading thanks again

The 'rules' change if the passenger booked their flights independently - it is not then classed as a package. I know this as I work for an ABTA villa rental company & we do not package holidays to cover ourselves for flight changes/cancellations etc. Good luck anyway - my friend just had this on a MSC cruise but they refunded him the flight eventually.

The 'rules' change if the passenger booked their flights independently - it is not then classed as a package. I know this as I work for an ABTA villa rental company & we do not package holidays to cover ourselves for flight changes/cancellations etc. Good luck anyway - my friend just had this on a MSC cruise but they refunded him the flight eventually.

Thanks for the update I'll keep this in mind.