Reflection aft cabins adjoining noise?

gail8

We have had poor experiences with noise from adjoining cabin noise. I see all aft are adjoining but we love aft and really want to book it. Anyone had bad or good experiences with this. I looked through the spreadsheet and no comments found.

Gail

We will be aft on S class for the 5th year in a row in April. It's the luck of the draw. If the folks next door are loud by nature, you will hear it - i.e. TV left on loud, coughing, loud talking, etc.

Having said that, we have always had good luck and no serious issues.

WARNING ----- Once you go aft, you may be hooked. Our next three bookings are all aft.

The issues with adjoining cabins is no different aft from anyplace else. Crooser is correct. The biggest problem is having a public area or restaurant or bar directly above you. That noise does not go away. General rule is cabins without connecting doors and with cabins above and below are quieter.

We had an aft cabin on the Solstice and had a very noisy family in the 'adjoining' cabin. (By the way, these are not like some cruise lines which actually have an interior door between cabins - they are simply next to each other and, in some cases an extra exterior door can be closed over both cabins.) Our neighbors had 2 teenage daughters and no one ever spoke, they shouted everything in shrill voices. The kids also never seemed to walk across the room - lots of stomping and jumping. The door slamming was also constant. We'd see the father walking around, always with earbuds in his ears - wonder why? Our cabin steward spoke to them twice about the noise and it would be better for a day, then back to the same level.

So...yes, noise can be a problem, but you might have a lovely quiet couple next to you and never hear a thing. I wouldn't forego the aft cabin just because of the noise possibility.