Dining and show times

lindabodrum

If you are booked on the seconde seating which I believe is 8:30pm and you want to see the evening show than you need to go to the earlier show. If you went to dinner and wanted to go to the later show you would never make it.:cool:

Hi Linda, sorry can't find our original posts! We have managed to go the 2nd show when we are on 2nd sitting, it is a bit of a rush but we never have all the courses (there is no way we could eat starter, soup, salad, pasta, main course and then desert!) so if you skip a couple you should be ok! You don't book the shows, just turn up - if you arrive late you can usually stand at the back.

We don't bother with taking extra for the B&W night or the 60s themed nights, I usually just take a white wrap. If I remember correctly, they provide shampoo and shower gel but there is a shop on board for any essentials you forget. Bathrobes not provided in the basic cabin grade (even though we've been upgraded to balcony), but you might be able to speak nicely to your cabin steward (it has worked for me in the past!). I think there is a covered pool so we should be able to dip our toes in at least!

My work has an office in Malta and I have checked today and it is 22C and sunny there today, so you may want to squeeze in a pair of shorts and flip flops for Valetta!

I am sure you are going to enjoy your special birthday cruise - if you are like us you'll be hooked! We are from Basingstoke (but don't hold that against us!)

Bye for now

Debbie

Hi Debbie, thanks for the tips. It's glorious here in Devon today, didn't need a coat on the beach. Need to think about a couple of emergency SUMMER outfits now for excursions. As I work in a charity shop have posted some of my potential one pound bargains on the cruise wear thread. Think these will suffice. Saving my spends for CUba cruise in the winter if we like MSC. Have you booked any excursions. Think there will be enough to see in Valetta , Palermo , Marseille and Genoa by foot. Though I did fancy a trip to Porto Fino from Genoa,. Civitavecchia will be a ship day I think as we did Rome before. Do you know if all the afore mentioned ports are easily accessible from the terminal. Don't want to hike across motorways . Or are there taxis at the ferry ports usually. Must admit I'm not a fan of organized trips as they are hurried and too much time waiting for everyone to board the bus, often time is compromised by back hander visits to shops, factories,etc in favor of the real sights. I am keen on any trips organized by guests themselves if we can get numbers together. Need to do lots of walking to burn off all the food, and the drinks. Failing that a few hours in Galaxy club might do the trick. X

Hi Linda, we haven't booked any excursions prefer to do our own thing. Going to try and attempt Rome on train, we have been before but didn't get to see everything. There is quite a lot of info on here plus trip advisor, but I am sure there will be taxis at the dock.