New Orleans Port Traffic

desilennay

This morning I dropped my parents off at their first Carnival Cruise out of New Orleans. None of us have experience with cruises (My sister and I are going on our first one in October) so we weren't quite sure what to expect. Their boarding time was 10-10:30 so we left their house at 9:30 because we only live about 15 minutes away. Traffic was absolutely horrible once you got off the exit to reach the port. We didn't drop my parent off until about 10:50.

Can anyone tell me if it's like that for every cruise? It seemed like it was an absolute mess and I'm wondering what time my sister and I should leave in October since we have FTTF passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We also discovered gridlock around the port area. In our case, it was because of some jewelry show at the convention center. So, I'd check if the convention center was hosting any events when you expect to be driving there, and if so, allow at least an extra 45 minutes.