Alchemy Bar - Mixology Course

Big Buoys

So I was bored tonight and was searching the Googles. Came across some blogs and posts from a couple years ago about the Alchemy Bar and a secret hush hush never advertised in the Fun Times Mixology Course.

Is this still offered in 2016? If so, what are the tips and tricks to getting an invite? I will be on the Pride, but any information from any ships will help.

Thanks in advance.

:eek::eek:

We cruised on Conquest over Thanksgiving and had a cocktail at the Alchemy Bar the first night before dinner. Chatted a little with our "alchemist" and next night before dinner we had a cocktail, same "alchemist" served us. She asked if we wanted to take part in a Mixologist Class the last Sea Day, that there were only a couple seats left. We said yes and had a great time. More details in my review (link in my signature).

I would suggest having a cocktail the first night and asking if you could sign up for the class. We had about a dozen people in our class. the cost for the class per person was $15.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by momonthego17

We did it before and had a blast....I've heard they are still doing it....just go to the Alchemy bar 1st day when u board and ask about it.....We signed up and paid right then ($15) with your card

The course was lots of fun and the Mixologist was great.....She explained all about the history of booze and martinis while making diff drinks in front of us....we each had 4 1/2 size drinks during the course which were quite good

Then she gave us a quiz and after that we each got to pick a full size drink of our choosing.....Plus we each received a cool Alchemist Mixologist Certificate

I'll be hitting it up again on March 19th on the Conquest and hope it's like it was the first time we did it

Have fun 🍹🍹🍹😜😜

More details in my review (link in my signature).

I would suggest having a cocktail the first night and asking if you could sign up for the class. We had about a dozen people in our class. the cost for the class per person was $15.

Have a great cruise!

I will have to remember that. My wife would love doing that. She doesn't drink much but she loves to mix them up.

A fair warning, you will get drunk. Not a happy buzz kind of drunk. A 'holy crap I can barely stand (and it's the last day and I need to pack) kind of drunk'.

It is probably the best bang for the buck on the ship but doing it the last day of the cruise is a recipe for disaster. Drink lots of water before and after and probably eat before.

My wife and a couple friends did this the last day of our Liberty cruise in 2012. She packed her sail and sign card. Another friend barely made it to dinner, ordered 4-5 things, left to go to the bathroom and we never saw her again.

A fair warning, you will get drunk. Not a happy buzz kind of drunk. A 'holy crap I can barely stand (and it's the last day and I need to pack) kind of drunk'.

It is probably the best bang for the buck on the ship but doing it the last day of the cruise is a recipe for disaster. Drink lots of water before and after and probably eat before.

My wife and a couple friends did this the last day of our Liberty cruise in 2012. She packed her sail and sign card. Another friend barely made it to dinner, ordered 4-5 things, left to go to the bathroom and we never saw her again.

Funny I did it with daughter and a friend on Liberty and never got drunk. Just a very slight buzz. And I drank couple of daughter's drinks she did not like.

But we had a ball and would love to do it again on next cruise. But this time I want to take notes on how to do all the drinks.

Now this sounds like fun.

Doing a B2B so this would be fun on the last day of the First leg.

No worry's about packing cuz we'll be staying in the same cabin.:p

I will bring something to take notes.

Haven't been to an Alchemy Bar yet. I think The Magic will be getting

in Dry Dock scheduled for 2/21/16.

Anyone know for sure?

Anyone know for sure?

According to other posts, yes, Alchemy is scheduled for drydock.

Doing a B2B so this would be fun on the last day of the First leg.

No worry's about packing cuz we'll be staying in the same cabin.:p

I will bring something to take notes.

Anyone know for sure?

They are getting the Alchemy Bar and the Alchemist will be Drazen and Bojana , great bar tenders and a great couple.They are the best.

When we were on Conquest it started at 2:00. I would say that I had a buzz but that didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of the night.

I think drinking a lot of water is a great suggestion:D!

WHAT, "drinking a lot of water"? :eek: WHAT A BUZZ KILL!!:D That borders on alcohol abuse. ;)